› Sixty-Five / We Did This ‹

Chapter Sixty-Five // {jordan's pov}

› {present}

I slowly opened my eyes to the morning light and yawned. I turned over to face Rick, who was still asleep for once. I automatically smiled at the sight of him. He looked peaceful. He actually was now my husband... Technically, fiancé, however we were not going to have a ceremony or anything. That was beyond me.

Carl had to remain in the infirmary just for last night. He'll be allowed out today, which was exciting for everyone. I missed seeing him around with Judy with his Sheriff hat on. I was planning on helping him learn how to shoot accurately again, now that he has lost an eye it would be much more difficult. I had to know that he could fight for himself and stay safe if anything happened.

I rubbed my eyes and pushed myself up to a sitting position. My back was killing me, I figured that I was sleeping in an odd position all night. I turned to face Rick with a smile on my face, I couldn't wipe it off of my face every time I thought of him or even caught a glimpse of him.

"Stop smiling at me," Rick grumbled with his eyes closed. I frowned, I didn't see him even open his eyes...

He gradually opened his eyes, revealing the lovely shade of blue that I fell in love with when I first met him.

"How did you know I was smiling at you?" I questioned, wondering if he was awake the whole time.

"Lie back down," he ignored my questioned, pulling my arm so I'd lie down. I listened for once and laid back down beside him.

"I took a wild guess, I knew you were awake though," he finally answered, wrapping his arms around my body, pulling me flush against his chest. My head was leaning on where his heart was. The sound of it's beat was comforting. I was also willing to fall asleep again.

"Can we stay here all day?" I asked quietly, smiling to myself. I would've never been in this moment pre-apocalypse. 

Rick hummed a reply, sounding half asleep. 

"Next week, Daryl and I have to go on a run for supplies," he spoke suddenly. I screwed my face up in annoyance. I craned my neck upwards to look at him.

"Do you want to come, for the last time? I know you'll ask to anyway," he questioned, putting emphasis on 'for the last time.' I grinned up at him and nodded eagerly. An adventure! I almost chuckled at my thoughts..

"I swear, you're not going anywhere after this," he mumbled, kissing the top of my head.

"But I get so bored," I whined, glaring at him. Rick chuckled at my childish behaviour. 

"Have you ever just chilled out?" he asked. I raised an eyebrow, looking at him with a 'really?' look.

"Nope!" I replied, popping the P, again being childish, "how am I supposed to stay here all day doing nothing for nine months?" I complained, frowning at the thought my lovely future.

"If it makes you feel better, less than nine months," Rick spoke with a smug grin on his face. I groaned, flopping onto my stomach on the bed. Rick laughed from beside me.

"You could always walk around Alexandria for something to do," he said to purposely annoy me. I imagined that he was smirking -- amused with himself. 

"How exciting," I grumbled sarcastically. I pushed myself up into a sitting position, stretching my legs out out in front of me.

"Ohh, don't go," Rick reached out to try and pull me back down, but I pushed myself up off the bed, out of his reach. The floor was cold under my feet.