› Eighteen / Awake ‹

Chapter Eighteen // {rick's pov}

"Rick," a familiar feminine voice from behind me, called out. I wiped the blood off of my red machete while turning around to face Michonne and Glenn.

I narrowed my eyes at them.

"Rick, we need you back at the prison," Glenn spoke up causing Michonne to glare at him.

"What he means is that, Jordan needs you," she corrected. I chuckled.

"Well, when you stop tricking me into coming back to the prison for your own sake, I'll come back," I replied sharply, turning around to pick up my bag full of food. I heard them speaking quietly behind me.

"She's awake," Glenn added making me turn around suddenly. She can't be.

 She can't be

"Wh-.. What?" I stuttered, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"She's hysterical. She won't listen to anyone. I wouldn't be surprised if she thought you were dead by now. No one knew where you were," Michonne snapped, narrowing her eyes at me.

I picked up my almost full bag and made my way over to them.

"What are we waiting for then? Lets go!" I announced. Glenn jogged to get in front of me, he put his arms out, stopping me from going any further towards the car.

"Wait, you don't know how she'll react to you strutting in there like nothing happened," he warned. I sighed. 

"I'm sure it'll be fine..." I said, trying to push past him. He pushed me back with a warning look on his face.

"Rick.. You have no clue what she was like. I've never seen her so weak and reliant on someone," he said much more calmly. I couldn't imagine her being like that. I frowned, did I turn her into this?

"I'll go in first, deliver the news and then you can waltz in and it can be a happy reunion," Michonne spoke from behind. I nodded firmly before making my way to the car, sitting in the passenger seat. Michonne took driver and Glenn sat in the back.

I kept my eyes forward, ignoring the small chatter in the car between Glenn and Michonne. I had other things to worry about. They wouldn't of come out to get me if Jordan wasn't really in a bad state. They would've waited for me. I expect that Daryl is with her right now -- Carl too.

I didn't know what to expect from her though.

Her reaction. She could be angry with me for not being there and she would have every right to be. 

Part of me didn't really want to see her, just in case she was really that worked up over me not being there. It breaks my heart. I caused her to be like that to begin with.

Carl is going to be pissed at me. He told me that he loved Jordan the way he loved Lori -- a son to mother way. I just hope that I haven't caused Jordan to snap at him, making him weary of her.

Glenn pulled me out of my thoughts by saying, "Rick, we're here."

A/N: So, basically if you haven't caught on yet, it's a shorter chapter because I want to make the reunion in a separate, long chapter.

Have a lovely day! xx (: