› Prologue ‹

Prologue // {jordan's pov}

"Don't do this to me, Jords!" my brother begged as he crawled towards me. His blood pouring out of his wound. I cringed in disgust, I almost started gagging. I thought the dead on the streets were bad, this was worse, much more worse.

It was only this morning when the news was quickly shut off and replaced with an emergency broadcast. It told us to find shelter, gather food and water, wait until the government tells us to come out of hiding and to stay away from anyone who is acting strange. They also told us to head to Atlanta if possible, it was supposed to be a safe zone. I lived in Atlanta and it was hell outside. It wasn't a safe zone.

A disease has officially broke out killing humans and turning them into disgusting animals who craved human flesh. If you got bit or scratched by one of them, you turn... I learned that because of my job and now I'm watching it happen to my brother..

I twisted the handle of my knife in my hand, watching my brother's bite flood with blood.

"I can't let you turn into one of them!" I yelled frantically. He violently shook his head.

"You'll go to prison if you kill me though," he argued angrily

"You'll go to prison if you kill me though," he argued angrily. A small thought lingered in the back of my head, 'I don't think I'll end up at any prison in the future.'

"I love you, Hudson," and with that, I plunged the knife into his head, silencing his struggles. I fell into a heap on the floor, thinking about what I had just done. I killed my brother. I murdered him. He's gone.

a/n: let's talk about rick's eyes & how I didn't actually change anything from this chapter.