› Fifty-Five / New Life ‹

Chapter Fifty-Five // {jordan's pov}

I sat quietly besides Rick on the couch. Both of us didn't say anything. He had been quiet ever since I showed him the scratch.

 He had been quiet ever since I showed him the scratch

I glanced at him as he stood up. He held his hand out to me in which I took.

"Where are we going?" I asked in a quiet voice as he pulled me up. He didn't say a word. Rick pulled me out of the house across the road, directly. He pulled me up the stairs, onto this house's porch. He knocked on the door loudly, multiple times. I cringed, thinking that the person living here will be pissed.

A man opened it, with a worried look.

"You're a doctor, right?" Rick asked in a rushed tone. He nodded frantically, looking at me for half a second.

"Yes, I am. I'm Dr. Jones," the man introduced himself. I hadn't seen him before. Considering that I was dying, I didn't even think of trying to get help or something. I just wanted to be with my family.

"She has a cut on her shoulder, can you try find out exactly what caused it?" Rick questioned, giving him a look that meant he had to. The doctor nodded in reply and guided us into a room. I just wanted to go home and spend time with the people who meant the most to me.

"Sit down and take your shirt off please," Dr. Jones requested. I sighed before pulling off my shirt and passing it to Rick. I sat down on the chair.

Dr. Jones instantly started doing weird shit and basically poking at the wound. I'm no doctor so...

I flinched as something cold -- which I assumed was metal, went straight into the wound.

"Don't move," the doctor said sternly. My eyes watered up from the stinging that he was causing. Rick stared off at the wall across. He was deep in thought. I whimpered as the doctor removed something from my shoulder.

"Glass," was all that he said.

"Glass? What do you mean, glass?" I questioned, frowning.

"There was a fairly large shard of glass in your skin, I'm surprised that I didn't notice it at first. It was well hidden with all the blood. You're lucky that you came to me, it could've gotten infected," he said, smiling at me.

I blinked a few times.

"So, I'm not going to die?" I asked timidly. He shook his head and chuckled.

"You're not dying."

›››‹‹‹

"Are you mad at me still?" I questioned Rick as we walked down the street, holding hands. He hummed a reply. He had been quiet ever since before.

"I'm really sorry... I just.. couldn't imagine you being out there and possibly dying without me being by your side," I mumbled, glancing off to Carl who was carrying Judith with Enid by his side. I suddenly felt like I was going to be sick.