› Forty-Six / Move ‹

Chapter Forty-Six // {jordan's pov}

"Can you bring these over to the new group, they're right next door to you," Jessie asked making me want to pull my hair out and scream. Next door? Seriously? Was this a set-up or something?

"Sure thing," I answered while still internally dying. I picked up the basket she was referring to before making my way to my lovely neighbours. I needed a new house. One on the other side of this place would be great.

I walked up the very few steps to get onto the porch. I stood in front of the door, thinking that maybe I could knock and run. It'd be much easier than having to talk to anybody.

"Jus' knock on the damn door," Daryl voice startled me. I jumped a little.

I turned towards him. He was sitting on the floor, against the fencing around the porch. His crossbow laid beside him.

"I didn't see you there," I answered awkwardly. He rolled his eyes at me.

"I didn't think ye'd be here outta all places," he commented, narrowing his eyes at me, "wasn't this the 'old world' shit ye and Rick were arguin' about?"

"I'm not staying here," I decided on saying. He raised his eyebrows and glared at me.

"And how do ye think Rick will react to this? Carl? Maggie?" he interrogated me.

I shrugged, "Rick wanted me gone because I have a so-called death wish and I apparently rely on y'all to keep me alive," I replied sarcastically, "I don't need him, I don't need you and I don't need this place."

"Ye do, stop lyin' to yerself, Jordan, just sort yer shit out with Rick and stay here," Daryl frowned at me.

"He doesn't want me," I mumbled quietly before placing the basket on the floor and walking off off. I bumped into someone as soon as I turned around. I looked up at them, instantly knowing who happened to be listening. Of course. Just my luck.

Rick's blue eyes stared at me with hurt. If I continued to look into his eyes, he'd make me cave in easily. I sighed before pushing past him.

He gripped onto my wrist, making me turn back around.

"Don't go," he whispered, eyebrows furrowed. I could tell that he really wanted to talk me, but right now wasn't the right time. I was still angry. 

I pulled my arm out of his gentle grasp, making his arm full limp at his side. He straightened up instantly, avoiding eye contact with me.

"Not now," I whispered back, as soon as I spoke, his eyes snapped back over to me. A small smile made it's way onto his face before vanishing. He nodded and went back into the house.

I turned around quickly and walked away from their house. I didn't want Daryl interrogating me.

The further away I walked, the more my heart ached. I just wanted to run back into his arms... However, I kept walking.