› Fifty-Four / Rory Street ‹

Chapter Fifty-Four // {jordan's pov}

I sat down at the table across from Beth and Maggie. We decided to eat lunch together and kind of catch up. I was going out tomorrow with everyone to move the thousands of walkers in the chasm.

I raised the glass of water to my mouth and took a sip before placing it back on the table.

"How are you and Glenn, aye?" I questioned, smirking at Maggie. Heat rushed to her cheeks, turning them a pretty shade of pink.

"Good. What about you and Rick?" she shot back.

"You can't do that, I want a proper answer!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands up in the air, playfully glaring at her. Beth watched in amusement.

"Fine then. Glenn and I are doing really well," she answered sarcastically, making me frown at her, "how are you and Rick?"

I decided to be honest, "we're steady. He hates me leaving this place or just going anywhere besides being next to him, in general."

"Glenn is the same. I bet Rick is probably more 'leader-like' when he tells you that though," Maggie answered, showing quotation marks with her hands when she said leader-like. I rolled my eyes. She wasn't wrong.

"I'm pretty sure it's a police officer trait," I replied, taking another sip of my water.

"Isn't it weird that you ended up with another police officer though?" Beth asked, turning her head slightly. I nodded thoughtfully.

"Sort of. I don't think about it much, I am just grateful for having him. Beth, what about you and Daryl, huh?" I asked, smirking. Maggie bursted out laughing at my question. She knew.

Beth blushed a rosy pink, "what about us?"

"You both clearly fancy each other!" Maggie exclaimed, trying to calm herself down. I chuckled, smiling at the sisters.

"No way, he's gross," she said in a way that made both Maggie and I completely not believe her. I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Oh, really? Gross? That's all you could think of? I'll tell him that," I replied, smiling innocently at her.

"No! Jordan, you can't do that! He'll hate me even more," she said, standing up from her seat in panic.

Maggie and I started laughing really loudly again.

"What the fuck?" a gruff voice spoke from behind me. Beth blushed even more, letting me know it was Daryl. I turned around grinning.

"Did you know Beth thinks that you're gross?" I informed him, grinning still. He furrowed his eyebrows and grumbled something before leaving the room.

"Jordan!" Beth exclaimed loudly.

"Shut up!" Abraham yelled from the living room, causing Maggie and I to laugh even more. I grinned brightly at the red-faced Beth.

"It's not funny! I wouldn't do that youse!" she exclaimed, frowning at us.

I stopped laughing and raised an eyebrow at her.

"Okay, true, I would but still! You can't just do that!" Beth said, pointing her finger at me. 

"So, it's okay for you to do it, but not us?" her sister, Maggie asked, giggling. Beth huffed and crossed her arms, pouting.

"I can't believe this," she grumbled as Glenn came into the room. Maggie's eyes lit up as she saw him.

"Glenn, can you get rid of her and get Rick to take away Jordan because they're basically bullying me?" Beth explained to Glenn who furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.