› Fifty-One / Remembering ‹

Chapter Fifty-One // {rick's pov}

A/N: this chapter takes place exactly after season 5's finale, but before season 6's premiere episode. 

Jordan stared blankly at this man. I gently placed my hand on her lower back.

"No... No..." she mumbled before turning around, running towards her house.

"Jordan!" the man yelled, stepped forward to go after her.

I put my hand out, blocking him.

"Who are you?" I demanded an answer. He was definitely an older man, I just didn't know the relationship between him and her. I couldn't tell how old he was exactly, he appeared to be very fit and healthy -- as healthy as it gets in the apocalypse though.

"I'm her Father," the man answered, trying to push past me again.

"You don't know what she's been through. Just stop," I told him, pushing him back slightly. I didn't want to make a bad impression, but I didn't want him going to her right now. Not after all the stress she's had to deal with in the past few weeks and even months.

This felt like the old world... 'Meeting the parents.'

"Who the hell are you to tell me that?" Jordan's dad argued, but not aggressively. 

"Rick Grimes. Her partner. She'll see you when she's ready to," I insisted. The man stepped back and nodded in understanding. His eyes looked around at the remaining people left here. Most of the Alexandrians had retreated back to their houses. I noticed Beth staring intently at Jordan's Dad.

"Where's Hudson?" the man asked, furrowing his eyebrows in worry. I gulped. I didn't know who Hudson was. A brother or past boyfriend? I didn't think Jordan ever had another boyfriend before me...

"I'm sorry, I don't know a Hudson," I replied cautiously. The man instantly teared up.

"Is she just a fling to you? Do you even know anything about her?" the man snapped. He frowned at me with disgust. It must've been his son and Jordan's brother.

"I can assure you, she is definitely not a fling. She's my everything. If she doesn't want to talk about her family, I would never force her to," I answered, trying to not seem fazed by his questions. It made me realise how little I knew about her past.

"I'm sorry for snapping.. I've travelled, mainly by foot, from New York. Her mother and I divorced when she was fourteen. I knew she was strong enough to survive, she has always been into camping and that... I just had to find out for myself," he explained. I didn't know too much about Jordan's childhood but from it sounds like, it might be a touchy subject.

"I never heard from her or any of the family in Georgia after that... Apart from one thing, her mother did get arrested once. I don't know why. I wasn't there for her then but now, I need to be," he said with a small smile, "I'm Collin and this is Morgan, he was looking for a friend."

My eyes travelled back to Morgan before speaking, "yeah, I'm that friend."

›››‹‹‹ {jordan's pov}

"Carl?" I yelled as soon as I entered their house. He came running downstairs looking at me worriedly.

"What's wrong? Does Dad have to leave?" Carl questioned, speaking really fast.

I shook my head, "Reg is dead, Pete killed him. Pete is dead. This dark-skinned man arrived with Aaron and..."