› Forty-One / Anything ‹

Chapter Forty-One // {jordan's pov}

› {time skip: 3 days later...}

I sat in the passenger seat of the car, leaning my head against the window. We decided to go to Washington DC. Hopefully, Eugene can actually fix everything... I have my doubts, but I'm keeping hope alive, for Rick, Carl and Judy's sake.

Rick was driving, while Carl with Judith on his lap, Michonne and Daryl were in the back

Rick was driving, while Carl with Judith on his lap, Michonne and Daryl were in the back. We were pretty squashed up. The car behind us carried Abraham driving, Tara, Eugene, Rosita and Sasha. The last car was a seven seater and it carried, Glenn driving, Tyreese, Beth, Noah, Maggie and Gabriel.

We all managed to get well rested. Rick insisted that we could stay longer if I wanted to, but I was rather stubborn and refused to. 

I was still grieving over the loss of our child but it was getting easier. We decided on the name Tyler. It was the first name that popped out of Carl's mouth when we asked. The look of excitement in his face when we asked was amazing. I was glad that I asked him to be involved. He isn't a little boy anymore. We needed to remember that.

The car was silent, besides the low rumbling coming from the car. It was calming. Every so often, Judith will make a noise but for now, she was fast asleep in Carl's arms. 

A car loudly beeped from behind us, signalling us to pull over. I huffed in frustration. I was comfortable. Rick pulled over and cut the engine. We all got out of the car besides Carl who didn't want to disrupt Judith.

As soon as I stood up, I wanted to sit back down. My legs were half asleep. I jogged to join the group who were discussing something.

"Tyreese is bit," Beth revealed. Everyone's eyes widened and drifted over to Sasha who looked as if she'd pass out. She had been through so much already, she didn't need this.

She stomped off towards the car where Tyreese was currently in. No one followed, they needed their privacy. I understood how she was feeling. I put my brother out of his misery.

I twist the handle of my knife in my hand, watching my brother's bite flood with blood.

"I can't let you turn into one of them!" I yell frantically. He violently shook his head.

"You'll go to prison if you kill me though," he frowned angrily. A small thought lingered in the back of my head, 'I don't think I'll end up at any prison in the future.'

"I love you," and with that, I plunged the knife into his head, silencing his struggles. 

Typical, he was right.. I ended up at a prison. I blinked a few times, making sure no stray tears were going to fall.

I glanced around the group, my eyes met with Rick's who was staring at me in a concerned manner. I shook my head and looked towards Sasha who was slowly making her way back.

"It was when we left the hospital," she mumbled. I furrowed my eyebrows. If I hadn't stood in the middle of the road, he might of still been alive and healthy.

"He wants us to leave him here," she finished. Her glassy eyes looked up and met with mine briefly.

"We can't do that," Rick interjected with a frown.

"Jim wanted the same, Rick," Glenn argued. Rick shook his head sadly in defeat. I didn't know who Jim was. He must have been someone who was originally with the group well before I had even arrived.

"I don't want him to turn," Sasha replied quietly. I unholstered the only weapon that I still had from before shit hit the fan. Tyreese had looked after Judith countless amounts of times, it means more than a stupid gun.

I held it out to Sasha, "he can have this."

She pushed my arm down to my side.

"He can have mine, it's okay," she smiled softly at me. I sighed and returned the gesture before holstering the bronze desert eagle.

›››‹‹‹

I crouched in front of the sweating Tyreese. He was in pain and I couldn't stop it.

"Hey," I mumbled, smiling at him.

"Hi."

"I want to thank you.. For everything. You are such.. a kind and caring soul, you don't deserve this. You kept Judy safe so many times, more than I could count. That means the absolute world to me. I wish I could repay you. I love you so much, we all do, Tyreese," I whispered to him. A small grin appeared on his face.

"I'd do anything for her. Anything. Thank you," he replied quietly. I stood up to my full height. I gave him a short nod and turned away from the tree with tears falling down my cheeks. I glanced up to the sky. It was a beautiful day yet something so shitty had to ruin it.

I opened up the car door and got into the passenger seat. I used the back of my sleeve to wipe any tears on my cheeks.

When will we stop losing people?

a/n: thinking of doing a few more flashback scenes... I have an idea for one at least! (:

I couldn't choose a gif so I'll put this one here so we can all stare in awe...