› Sixteen / Glazed Eyes ‹

Chapter Sixteen // {daryl's pov}

I was sitting with Hershel, talking about how Jordan was pulling through in cell block C. We only ever used cell block B for medical reasons now that we have people living in cell block A. Jordan was in the first cell of that block.

"She'll get through this, she's recovering well. She may even wake up today," Hershel said with a little smile.

"I told Rick that 'n' he ain't so sure, said somethin' like, he'll believe it when he sees it," I muttered. Hershel shook his head.

"That's because of Lori," he stated. I huffed.

"Jordan's stronger than that, she'll get through anythin' you throw at 'er." Hershel nodded in agreement. He stood up and walked out.

I sighed, time to find Rick.

›››‹‹‹ {jordan's pov}

Rick walked towards me. Not like he usually would though. In a slow, limping way. He wouldn't look up at me, his head was looking down at the ground and he wore a sheriff's hat.

"Rick?" I called out to him. He said something but I couldn't work out what.

"Rick?" I called out again.

Rick's speed was faster now, he was about 10 metres away from me. 'Rick' let out a growl.

I know what kind of growl that was.

Something I had learned to fear in this world.

But why was he making that noise?

"Rick?" I called out again now that he was in front of me. His face looked up. Blood dripping from his mouth. His skin sickly pale, rotting in places.

His eyes.

His eyes were replaced with something horrible.

They weren't the beautiful blue that I came to know.

They were glazed.

"No!" I yelled when he was just in front of me. I pushed him back making him stumble and also myself. I fell onto my back. 'Rick' was crawling towards me. I could clearly see the bite in his leg.

His leg?

He wouldn't of just left it, so he could turn.

He would have cut it off.

The 'Rick' looked as if he'll growl again but instead he yelled out, "wake up!"

I looked at him confused. He wasn't coming at me.

Nor was he a walker now.

"Wake up, Jords!" he yelled again.

"How?" I screamed, "how do I wake up?"

I shot up in bed. Alone. My hand shakily went to my mouth as tears builded up in my eyes, blurring my vision, scaring me even more.

"Rick!" I screamed with panic while tears ran down my face.