› Forty-Seven / Stubborn ‹

Chapter Forty-Seven // {jordan's pov}

Rick's eyes lit up with hope. 

"Are you sure?" he asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Definite," I replied. A small smile appeared on his face. He guided me to my own house. His hand on my upper back. Usually he'd hold my lower back, but he respected that I might not be ready for that... We went up onto my porch and he opened the door for me. I mumbled a thank you and went into the lounge room. I glanced around the house, noticing how it looked the exact same way as it was when I got here. I only slept and ate here.

I turned around to face him. He held his arm awkwardly.

"You sent me to die basically," I stated, getting straight to the point. He frowned at my statement.

"I'm going to be straight with you, I don't know why I did that.. I picked a fight with you. The one person I didn't want to take out my worry and stress on... and I did. I sent you packing," Rick explained, moving closer to me.

I sighed deeply, "I'm surprised that I didn't die, considering I got very drunk that night."

His facial expression immediately showed concern and even a little anger. He opened his mouth to say something, but I butted in.

"You shouldn't worry about me, it might make you send me away again," I replied sarcastically. I chuckled at my own joke before becoming very serious again.

He didn't laugh. Well, I thought it was funny.

"I should've listened to your explanation.. because I now agree with you. This place is making us weak. Eugene lied.. Washington was just another pipe dream, just like Terminus and the prison," he sat down on the couch, holding his head in his hands. He was definitely stressed out. I sat down beside him and leaned on him. The usual electric shot was still there. I still loved him.

"We won't get weak

"We won't get weak. We're way past that level. Rick, this place can work. These people need to change, we can show them how to survive, we can do that," I exclaimed, making him look at me with surprise and shock. His blue eyes sparkled. I still loved him.

"Carl said something like that too," he mumbled. Almost as if a light bulb went off inside his brain, he stared at me weirdly.

"What?" I asked cluelessly.

"This?" he asked, referring to me leaning on me.

I chuckled, "I do still love you, even if you're a dumbass," I admitted sheepishly. I missed him so much. Rick wrapped his arm around me, pulling me into him.

"I'm really sorry," he whispered before lightly kissing my forehead.

"I know you are," I mumbled with a smile on my face.