› Fifty-Seven / D-A-R-Y-L-L ‹

Chapter Fifty-Seven // {jordan's pov}

I sat down at the dining table next to Rick and Daryl. Beth sat shyly next to Daryl on my right and Carl sat beside Rick with Judith in a high chair next to him. Directly across from me, Maggie, Glenn, Abraham, Tara and Rosita sat down, chattering amongst themselves. Enid was supposed to come, but she was unwell. So, Carl had made dinner tonight for us all all by himself. It was a lovely gesture. I picked at my food, not being very hungry. It did taste really good, I just didn't have an appetite. 

"Tomorrow, we'll go over the plan once more and then we'll leave straight away. We need to do this quickly and efficiently," Rick explained to everyone. I huffed in annoyance. I hated this.

"Sounds like a plan. Everyone needs to know their jobs," Abraham agreed with Rick. I picked up my glass of water and brought it up to my lips, taking a sip of it. I would've had wine... but being pregnant and all, I couldn't have any alcohol anymore which sucked...

Daryl messily ate his food beside me. He was drunk and it was fairly amusing.

"Jordan, ye should call yer kid Daryl, but maybe spell it differently or somethin," he slurred, laughing at himself. Rick rolled his eyes at him whilst I grinned.

"That sounds like a good idea, how would you spell it?" I asked him, hoping for him to make a fool of himself and he did.

"D A R Y double L," he explained, smiling happily. He sounded extremely proud of himself.

"Doesn't that sound like a lovely name, Rick?" I asked him, smirking sarcastically. Rick glared at me with annoyance. Daryl and I were kind of interrupting him. 

"No," he answered simply before facing Abraham again to speak about their plans for tomorrow. I bursted out laughing from his simple answer.

"I don't think Rick wants our baby to be called Daryll," I chuckled

"I don't think Rick wants our baby to be called Daryll," I chuckled. Daryl furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Why not?!" he exclaimed in pure confusion.

"It is a pretty shit name," I teased, picking up my glass to take a sip of my water again. I placed it back down and glanced at Daryl.

He frowned at me.

"Jordan, that's not very nice," Beth said jokingly, giggling.

"At least someone sticks up for me around here!" Daryl grumbled miserably. I elbowed him right in ribs playfully making him spill his drink.

"What the fuck, Jordan!" he yelled, standing up and stalking off to the kitchen. Everyone looked at him stomp off angrily with amusement. I grinned mischievously as Beth who just chuckled and got up to run after Daryl.

I turned to Rick. I wanted to go on this 'run' of sorts. I knew he wouldn't let me, especially now but I could take care of myself. I wasn't far along.

I tapped him on the shoulder, making him turn to me. His eyes glanced at my plate, noticing how little I had eaten. 

"You should be eating for two now," he grumbled, glaring at the plate. His eyes soften when he looked back at me.

"I'm really not hungry," I stated, not in the mood to argue over how much I eat. It made me think of the prison, when I first arrived. I hardly ate and Rick wasn't having any of it. He hardly knew me yet he still wanted me to eat up. He cared when nobody else did.

"I'm going tomorrow," I decided on saying. His eyes widened at my statement. It wasn't even a question. He stood up, beckoning me to follow him. I stood up and pushed my chair in, glancing at Carl. I rolled my eyes at his lack of table manners. I followed Rick into the kitchen. Daryl and Beth weren't here. I inwardly giggled. They might be getting it on -- finally.

"You have seriously got to be kidding me, Jordan," Rick pinched the bridge of his nose. I sensed that he was stressed.

"Look, you're stressed out as fuck and with me being here and you out ther-"

"Stop, I know what you're doing," he sighed deeply, leaning on the kitchen countertop. I bit my bottom lip.

"I don't want to be here," I groaned, leaning on the bench top lazily, across from him. Rick crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Play cards with Carl or somethin'," Rick stated, uncrossing his arms. I chuckled with amusement.

"I'm just worried about losing you and I won't be there to know," I admitted, standing up to my full height. Rick sighed, furrowing his eyebrows. He stepped forward and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me towards him.

"You don't need to worry. I will come home to you, Carl, Judith and our baby," Rick smiled softly at me. 

"And if you don't?"

"There is no 'if I don't.' I will come home," he rested his forehead on my own. I let out a breath of air that I didn't know that I was holding.

"In one piece without any scratches, preferably," I whispered. He cracked a smile, showing his perfect teeth. 

"Aye, have ye decided on D A R Y double L yet?" Daryl interrupted, stumbling into the kitchen. I grinned at him, his shirt wasn't on straight. He was a mess, honestly.

"No, Rick doesn't like it!" I whined, going along with it. Daryl glared grumpily at the back of Rick's who happened to be glaring at me for throwing him under the bus. 

"Why not?" Daryl demanded, stepping towards Rick.

"What if it's a girl?" Rick questioned whilst still facing me, making Daryl's glare soften.

"I'll think of one, leave it ta me," he declared before stumbling somewhere else.

"I can't believe you," Rick muttered, rolling his eyes playfully.

a/n: Thank you for constant support, it's amazing! Xx