Chapter 26: Compassion in a warrior's heart! Protect the one you've fallen for!

Start from the beginning

The target suddenly disappears, and he reappears behind Yamcha and kicks him down. The martial arts falls face first.

"Aw, come on! I almost had you that time!" Yamcha groans as he rubs the back of his head. "Your kicks are ridiculously strong though. You could beat you from five years ago to a pulp! You're awfully fast, Krillin, or maybe because you're hard to hit."

"Because I'm short, huh?" Krillin guesses irritably. "Well, you're right. I'm way stronger than I was five years ago, but I doubt I'm even close to those Saiyans."

"Yeah. Trying to catch up with a species who knew how to fight since they were born is near impossible sometimes. I remember when I was actually a treat to Goku." Yamcha says.

A pig wearing overalls - Oolong - doesn't seem convinced. "You were only a threat to him because he was starving. Once he had a full stomach, he had you cornered, and that was back when he was a kid."

"I was an arrogant teenager. There." Yamcha crosses his arms. He tried to give a reasonable answer, but it doesn't sound very true.

"I was a real threat to Goku once." A shirtless, three eyed man - Tien Shinhan - walks to the small group. "Even when Goku was a kid, he had a pack of power. It was clear he was a prodigy when it came to martial arts. When we fought again, Goku was a teenager and even then, man... he had a lot to show. You just can't underestimate the guy."

"That's why if we ever come across him, I would rather overestimate just to be safe." Krillin says. "Saiyans really scare me. To think we'll end up crossing paths with them again. They wiped the floor with us last time!"

Yamcha gulps. "Vegeta is nothing to laugh at. Aw, man. I still can't get over that! He shot me down with just two fingers!"

"The Tri-Beam sapped away my life force at a desperate attempt to kill Nappa after Chiaotzu tried to use himself as a bomb to blow the guy to bits." Tien still seems angry about this.

"You think that's bad? I was killed by my best friend, with The Kamehameha Wave! He didn't even feel regret!" Krillin shakes his head. "To think everything would change the moment Raditz showed up!"

"Well, we definitely can't convince Goku to come back. He's been killing people left and right recently. I heard the guy is a complete psycho." Yamcha recalls a rumor he picked up from civilians recently.

"But ChiChi made it clear Goku was doing that because the military kept messing with him." Yamcha reminds his friends. "Think about it. Goku was bad back during our fight against the Saiyans, but now he's just... cold-blooded and blood thirsty. The Resistance and Red Ribbon Army are the reasons for that. If they didn't mess with him so much, he would had left Earth alone. He just wanted to see his brother again."

"Yeah. Now Goku has another brother." Tien frowns.

"Vegeta has one too. Isn't there a girl Saiyan?" Krillin asks.

"Her name was Kauli." A child-sized clown-like person floats towards Tien. He stops to hover next to him. "How's training going?"

"We're all way better than we were when we arrived to King Kai's world. 10 times gravity is now a piece of cake." Yamcha laughs, trying to ease possible uneasiness. "Being back on Earth makes it feel like I'm floating all the time. We are still wearing the weighted clothing, so I bet once we take that off, we are definitely going to be fast."

"Don't get too hopeful. Knowing Goku, he probably has some on as well." Tien reminds everyone. "So, what are we supposed to do?"

"Try not to be spotted by any Saiyan or military member? The androids are a threat to both Human and Saiyan!" Krillin notices the strange looks he is getting. He laughs while rubbing the back of his head. "Come on, guys. We all know this."