Chapter 1: Seeking the biggest threat on Earth, Son Goku!

UPDATE 2024:

Heyo! Modern Espeon804 here again. It's been a while.

If you have gotten to this point, it wouldn't be fair to not warn you of the content you are going to see ahead. Notice the change of rating from T to M. This is due to the darker themes and gore that was written at the time. This was back in 2016, so I was around 17-18 years old.

I'll be blunt here and say I was taking psychology at the time. And what do you get with a highschool teen writing a story around the same time? Foolishly implementing that into the writing without second thought. There are themes related to:

-Torture

-Mentions of SA

-People claiming their own lives.

-Subjects of mental illness (pretty positive that was written wrong)

-Uh, detailed physical illness I guess? Like being sick?

Basically "Oh look! This character goes through a lot of terrible things! It's so bad, right?" just to make the story seem more "mature" when really, I didn't know what I was doing. I know this isn't anything new people have done. Albeit I was younger, recently looking back at this series and reading it has left me cringing, for a lack of a better term.

Basically a lot of unnecessary shock-value, as I mentioned back in book 1. It's still seen around the beginning of book 4, but book 4 was also when I started updating new chapters from months to years at a time, so that died down rather quickly.

Thankfully this isn't in every chapter, but when it is there, it's just "why". I think it becomes very noticeable in this book around chapter 12 and afterwards.

This is the darkest book in the series. Not exactly my proudest accomplishment. So if you decide to read, do tread carefully.

I know it's fanfiction. I know some people enjoy this series. But I've been studying writing over the years and yeah, proper research is important. I didn't do that. So I hate the idea of someone reading this without any sort of warning about that. It's just my personal feeling.

Also, it's quite an experience to actually look at this and see how much I've grown. There are plans to write a 5th book (Buu) just to wrap this series up, but I'll take my time with that one. I don't want a repeat of book 3.

Also again, ignore the ranty author notes about me being angry about people "copying my story." Don't know why I was trying to gatekeep a concept that isn't mine in the first place. Go wild. Can't believe I actually bothered people about it.

Anyways, I apologize for the long note. That's enough of modern-me. You won't see me again until mid next book.

-Espeon804

A/N: Espeon804 here with another awesome series to carry oooon!

(The video is this book's theme song!)

WELCOME TO BOOK 3 "Of The Earthling Saiyan"... This is... "The Forgotten Past!"

Speaking of that...