38. Innocent Smirks

LAUREN:

The pitter-patters of the rain hitting against my window was enough to wake me up. I rolled over on my bed, and started to stretch. I just hoped this rain was gone by tonight.

I pulled myself out of bed, and over to the bathroom to do my duties. Once I fulfilled those, I went down to the kitchen. Apart of me being lured in by the pleasent smell of bacon, eggs and cinnamon rolls.

Sitting at the table, were Chris and Taylor. Small smirks on their face. A plate fresh plate of streaming food and a glass of orange juice were sitting in front of an empty chair. "What's this?" I smile heading over to the chair. "We made you breakfast." Taylor said.

"Why?" I ask. "Thank you guys, by the way." I say, sitting down from my food.

I poke my fork in, then stop. I look up at them. "Wait, did you guys do something to this?" Chris laughs.

"Lauren, we woke up and decided to do something nice for you." He said. Taylor nodded. "You do so much for us. Mom and dad put you in charge and you could have left us to fend for our own since we are old enough."

"Yeah, you cook for us, you clean the house, you don't yell at us if we get home a few minutes later and we aren't going to take advantage of that." Taylor adds.

"New year, New us." Chris toasted. We all held our glasses up, and clinked them together.

"I have the best siblings ever." I grin.

-

"So what are your plans for tonight?" I ask Chris and Taylor.

"I'm going to be with Katie. Is it cool if I spend the night?"

"Be my guest." I turn to Chris. "Plans?"

"I'm probably going to get into some chaos with Jason." I make a face at him.

"Yes on Jason. No on chaos." I say.

When I get back up to my room, I grab my phone off the charger and see I have a voicemail. I go to listen to it to rid the symbol. It's Zayn. "Lauren, it's me, obviously, I just want to say that I love you, no one else, and I hope you have a nice night and I miss you, and I hope we'll see each other soon." 'To replay this message, press 1, to save, press 4, to delete press 7.' I clicked on the 7, and listened to thd confirmation that the message was in fact deleted.

ZAYN:

All day it's been raining, and I had no messages from Lauren. I just started pacing, hoping I didn't actually piss her off. Harry walks in from his shower. "Put on some clothes, what the hell?!" I shout.

He grabs a towel on the bedside dressers and wraps it around his waist. "It's anatomy, relax." He says trying to jusify having his penis hanging out.

"Aren't you going to get ready? There's three hours until New Years Day hits." I nod.

"I just hope this surprise goes well. I mean, Lauren is actually quite pissed at me."

"Why is that?" Harry asks, finally slipping into clothes.

"I called her yesterday, and the car I was in got cut off so he beeped and Lauren heard that, and thought I was off being a sneak somewhere, and got upset and hung up on me and now she won't respond to anything." I sigh tossing my phone onto my unmade duvet.

"No. The plan is going to go great. Lauren is going to be surprised, you're going to be happy, you're both going to fall even more in love with one another. Don't freit about it." He put a shirt on. "And if anything, just know Camila won't let Lauren down, and I won't let you down mate."