20. Carrying Guilt

LAUREN:

Back in Huntington Beach, California. It felt weird. Not only the being back after three weeks of traveling the states living in a bus, and various hotel rooms; but being back with just Dinah. I was so used to being with Camila all this time when they were gone and then we were finally reunited and back to being the fab five. Now it's back to two.

Dinah dropped her suitcase down on the wooden floor, and plopped down beside me on the couch. She turned her head to face me, although I was still facing straight ahead at nothing. "So what do you wanna do?" She asked. I shrugged. The boys were doing press now that they were back, and that'd last a few days, and afterward they'd be able to do whatever they wanted until they had to get prepared for the next tour.

"I don't know, what do you wanna do?" I asked her.

"Pero like hello, obviously I don't know that's why I asked you." I was just about to suggest we sleep, when the front door was thrown open. Lani stood there, and stared at us. Her facial expression was a mixture of shock, and disappointment. "Hey Lani." Dinah nervously said, breaking the ice. She glared at us. "What do you ladies think you're doing? Where are the others?"

"They stayed back in Miami. Camila was forced though, she's punished." Dinah said.

Lani slowly nodded, fully entering the house. She placed her keys down on the keyhook, and placed her purse down on the table. "So, you never answered my question. What do you guys think you're doing?" Dinah and I glanced at each other in confusion. "Relaxing." Dinah shrugged, not sure what answer Lani was looking for. Lani shook her head. "No, what you ladies are doing is going upstairs and packing your things, and leaving."

Dinah and I started to laugh, assuming Lani was joking. She wasn't laughing along, or even cracking a smile. Our laughter died down, realizing she was more than serious. "What do you mean?" I asked. "What did it sound like I just said? I already talked with your parents. They agreed with it. You guys disrespected my trust and my kind hospitality."

"Where are we gonna go?" I asked. Lani shrugged. "Anywhere but here. I don't want to be a bitch you know I love you guys, but," She shrugged. "I guess that's just the way the cookie crumbles."

"Not cool dawg. Not tika." Dinah said. We rolled our eyes, and headed upstairs.

All I wanted to do was sleep, not pack the rest of my things. I pushed open the bedroom door that Camila and I once shared. The bed was neatly made. I slid open the closet doors, and pulled out the few items I had left over. I also grabbed Camila's as well. It's not like she was going to be able to, you know with her back in Miami and all.

I folded each item, and placed it neatly in Camila's small carry on suitcase. I grabbed all of our hair items, and feminine products and placed them in the suitcase as well just before zipping it shut.

Dinah walked into the room. "Ally took everything, but Normani left some jewlery." She said, with her suitcase in hand. I pulled the suitcase off the bed, and rolled it behind me as I headed out the door. "You ladies ready?!" Lani shouted up the stairs. I rolled my eyes. "Where the hell are we gonna go?" Dinah asked. I shrugged. "Back home I guess." I pulled my phone out of my pocket to call my parents and tell them I was going to book the next flight out to Miami.

I had enough money from helping on the tour and I still hadn't spent all my birthday money. "We are not going home." Dinah said. "Well where are we gonna go? Are we gonna live in the streets?" I asked. I was beginning to get irritated with this whole situation. "I don't know where we're gonna go, but we aren't living in the streets or going home." Dinah said.