33. Facetime and embarrassment

ZAYN:

"So how was London?" Lauren asked. It's been three and a half weeks since we kicked off this tour and I miss Lauren to bits. Three and a half weeks since I've seen her face to face. Felt the soft touch of her lips. Saw her green eyes light up when she laughs. I could listen to her laugh all day.

"It was great. My family was able to come out." I smiled, remembering how happy I was a couple hours ago when I saw them after the show. I don't get to see them often, but when I do. It's awesome. "Really? I'm happy for you." She genuinely smiled.

"They asked me about you."

"And what'd you say?"

"I spoke very highly of you."

"As you should." Lauren joked.

We sat in comfortable silence for a few minutes. I had my iPhone propped up against a napkin dispenser on the table. The boys were in the back of the bus playing video games as we headed to the next city. Chatting with Lauren was the only way I would want to occupy my time.

"When are we going to see each other again?" She asked.

"About that.." I begin. The small sliver of hope I saw on Lauren's face diminshed. "What?"

"More dates were added."

"Really?" I nod, disappointed by the frown on her face.

"So you don't know when we're going to see each other?" I shake my head and rub the back of my neck.

"I wish I knew. I've lost track of where we are. I have to be reminded constantly."

"I miss you." Lauren sighs.

"Trust me when I say I miss you so much more."

"I don't think so."

"I think so." I smirk.

"Are you going to atleast have a show in Florida that I can go to?" I shrug.

"Really babe, I know nothing."

"This sucks." I can see that Lauren is getting teary eyed.

"Tell me about it." I say. I start to grind my teeth together to keep from tearing up as well. "But, I think we're doing pretty good with this distance thing though. What do you think?"

"So far." Lauren says looking away from the screen and doodling on the piece of paper in front of her.

"What do you mean 'so far'? Do you think we can't do this?"

Lauren finally looks up, pushing her hair out of her face. "I'm not saying we can't. I'm just saying, the more time that passes the harder it's gonna get."

"That's true, yeah. But Lauren, the more time that passes, the stronger we're going to get." I said matter of factly. "My feelings are going to keep growing for you, and hopefully yours keep growing for me." Lauren nods. "This is hard. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that, but we've been talking everyday, even if it's for a few minutes, or a couple seconds just to say I love you and I'm thinking about you. It's still something, and that something is going to be what gets us through this."

Lauren starts to half smile. "Now, wipe away that tear." I said. She wipes it. "Remember what I said?"

"We've got this." She says.

"What is that I can't hear you?" I smirk.

"We've got this."

"I'm sorry, what was that, love? Could you please say that a bit louder? I'm having a hard time understanding."

"We've got this!" She shouts. I laugh, and so does she.

"Lauren." I heard her brother Chris say walking into her room.

"What?"

"Mom said come eat because your foods getting cold."

"I'll be down later." She says, abd then I hear the door shut.

"You'd better go eat." I say.

"But I don't want to hang up." She pouts.

"It's almost 1 here Lauren. I need some rest, but I love you, and we'll talk tomorrow. Goodnight booger." I smirk. I started to call Lauren booger because of her green eyes, and she hated it, but I think she secretly thought it was cute, in a gross way.

"Goodnight, I love you."

"Give me a kiss." I say. She puckers her lips up and we both lean toward our phones cameras and blow a kiss. "We're such cornballs." She says.

"But people like our cornball relationships. I believe our couple name is Zauren," Lauren laughs.

"Looks like someones been paying attention to the media."

I smirk, guilty as charged. "Goodnight beautiful."

"Goodnight."

LAUREN:

"So are they having any shows in Florida?" I ask Camila. It's been officially been an entire month without my scruffy tattooed boyfriend and I was going to go insane. I just needed to see him, feel him. I couldn't handle talking to him for a few minutes or half an hour if we're lucky. What made it rough was ninety percent of the time we videochatted, his screen would he fuzzy from bad connection due to being on the road. I started to pace biting my nails across Camila's bedroom. She was sitting on her bed with her laptop scrolling on TicketMaster looking up One Direction's tour dates.

"Okay, I have bad news." She says, looking up at me. "They have no shows here."

"Okay and what, you have no good news to follow that up, and soothe the blow?" She starts thinking.

"I found five bucks in my laundry this morning." I picked a pillow up and threw it at her face. "What was that for?"

"That's not good news for me!"

Camila crosses her arms over her chest. "Ooo wait! I do have good news."

"What?" I anxiously ask with my full attention on her.

"Maybe they aren't finished adding tour dates, and they'll add Florida?"

"That's only half good news."

"What makes you say that?"

"If they add more dates, they're gonna be gone even longer."

"I should've thought about that." I lay on my stomach burying my face into her bed.

"This is so adorable."

"What is?"

"You and Zayn. It's so strange my best friend is dating-" She stops and shakes off her thoughts. "I hate speaking about these things out loud because it means they're actually happening and these are things I would make scenarios about, or stuff you'd read in a fanfic."

"A what?"

"A fanfic, you know.. a fanfiction."

She says as if it's something I'd know. I shake my head. "I'm not going to explain anyways. Just, perk up! You'll see Zayn again."

"One day, in a galaxy far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far-" Camila threw her hand over my mouth. "Shut up." She takes her hand off of my mouth. "Far, far, far far, far, away." I finish with a smirk.

"No, the tour will be over before you know it and then you guys will meet up and be corny lovesick puppies together."

"Oh shut it," I laugh. "What if the tables were turned and it was you and Harry, your first kiss." I wink, and start making obnoxious kissing sounds acting like I'm making out with her stuffed animal. Camila started to blush. "Look at you turning red!" I poke her cheeks.

"Oh my God! Stop!" She places her hands on her cheeks. Moments like these keep me from thinking about Zayn, while having myself a good laugh. I loved every second of being distracted. Even if it meant embarrassing Camila. But hey, that's a part of a best friends job.