23. Different Coasts.

ZAYN:

"Wake up Zayn!" I heard a familiar irish accent slither through my ears. I blinked my eyes open, only to be met by the sun beaming through the windows and a headache beating through my head, and my heartache, pulsing through my heart. I yanked my pillow from under my head to over it. "Come on you gotta get up! You can't lay in bed, it's not gonna help your hangover or your heartbreak any." Niall said. I didn't want to get up, but he had a well point. Being enclosed in my room wasn't going to help me, at all. It was only 7:30 in the morning, but being on tour fucked up my sleep schedule. Somedays I was capable of sleeping in for hours on end, and other days I was up with the birds.

I pulled myself out of bed. Niall the smart arse started clapping. "At a boy. Now let's go grab something to eat, I'll wait up for you in the other room." He said. After I was finished in the restroom. I headed out to the living area where Liam was sat with Niall. I could only remember bits of pieces of last night, and I knew being an arsehole to Liam was something I did. "Hey lad, I'm sorry about whatever I said to you last night, I was out of it." Liam waved me off. "Zayn don't worry about it. It's all sorted." We hugged it out for a second, and Niall, Liam and I made our way out to breakfast at the nearest restaurant.

"So how exactly are you feeling?" Niall asked, rubbing jam on his toast. Both Liam and Niall were intently staring at me, awaiting a response, although I'm positive they knew the answer. "I feel like absolute shit." I said with a sarcastic smile, pouring some orange juice from the pitcher into my glass. "I can only imagine how Lauren is feeling.." Just saying her name made a lump form in my throat. I pointed to Liam's phone that lay on the table beside his plate. "Please text Josh and tell him never to bring Neena and Beverly around when we hang out." Liam nodded, and obeyed my request.

"What's that gonna do?" Niall asked.

"If I see them I'm obviously going to think of that night, and about hurting Lauren, and- I just am

already dealing with it." I sighed.

I hadn't dated anyone in a year, until I met Lauren. Even when I did date, it was nothing serious. When I was with Lauren, I just felt good.

LAUREN:

I slowly pulled my eyes open, and took in my surroundings. It was almost 11 in the morning. It was so weird being back at home. After the drama happened with Zayn, Dinah and I headed to the airport and booked the next flight to Miami and in a matter of hours we were back at home. Dinah let me cry on her shoulder, and vent about how much of an idiot Zayn is. I very much appreciated it. If I had to keep my feelings in then I'd be a walking time bomb, and explode at any moment.

My parents found out what happened between Zayn and I. They don't know why we ended things, but they knew things were over. Even if I didn't tell them myself they would have known. After all if a celebrity goes through a breakup, it spreads like wildfire everywhere. I started to think of everything that happened yesterday and the tears started to well up in my eyes. How could he make out with another girl while I'm literally in the next room. How could someone do that? I let out a breath, and shook out my hands, trying to relax.

My phone began ringing, snapping me out of my thoughts. It was Ally. I answered. "Hello?"

"How are you?" She asked concerned. Ever since last night when I told the girls what happened they'd been checking up on me constantly. I even got a call from Normani at 4 in the morning. I appreciated it, but when they asked how I'm dealing, it just brings everything I'm trying to block out to the surface. "I'm doing okay, yeah." I lied.

"Oh Lauren. I can just hear it in the way your voice broke. You're not doing well."

"I know." I sighed. "I just- I don't understand how he can be that stupid, and keep it a secret for so long. He had me thinking everything was great between us, kissing me and not feeling guilty about it for that long." I rubbed my temples trying to calm myself down, but two tears rolled down my cheeks. "I know, God is by your side, and he'll help you through this, so will me and the girls." I nodded, even though she couldn't see. "I know. I love you guys."