30. Three Words

LAUREN:

I stared at Zayn, waiting for him to spit out whatever words he was struggling to say. "I- I- I love you Lauren." He stammered, but you can see how genuine his words were in his eyes. "No one else has ever, ever, made me feel like you and I know it's strange to say under these circumstances but I've known I love you for a little bit now, and I am just so relieved to say it. I love you." He repeated.

He loves me? An uncontrollable smile played on my lips, and I leaned into Zayn and kissed him passionately. "I love you too." I say confidently. Zayn grins. "Also Lauren.." He says taking a breath.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Will you please do me the honors of being my girl again?"

"Yes. Absolutely." He kisses my hand and then my lips.

"I've missed you so fucking much." Zayn says against my lips.

There is a knock at the door. "Come in." Zayn calls out. The door is pushed open and in walks Louis and Neena. I tense up, ready to pounce. Zayn gives my hand a squeeze. "What the hell do you want?" Zayn asked.

"We all just had a discussion out there, and Neena agreed to apologize." Louis said speaking up for Neena. "I just came along to make sure nothing else happens. Don't need anymore hair pulling or blood shed."

I crossed my arms over my chest. Beyond done with Neena's bullshit. "Zayn. I just want to apologize for making a move on you that night, and letting what transpired, transpire. I'm sorry for basically acting like a groupie, and for disrespecting your relationship." Zayn nodded.

"I accept your apology."

"Lauren. I would like to say I am sorry for smiling in your face while theoretically stabbing a knife into your heart. I knew you were with Zayn, but I wanted him to myself, and I'm sorry for that, and I'm sorry for all the shit talking I do." I don't say anything. I just stare at her with my arms crossed.

"And I'm sorry for the whole fight out there, and this probably sounds like a forced apology, but, it's really not. It may not sound like the most sincere thing ever, but this is the best it's gonna get." She shrugs.

Zayn looked at me, waiting for me to say something. Maybe it'd be slightly easier to accept her apology if she we didn't have an altercation, needless to say I technically started it, but she started with her words. I just glared at her with my arms crossed. "I apologize for throwing water at you, kind of. But that's it." I honestly said.

"It's cool if you don't accept my apology. I just figured I'd be the mature one in all of this." Neena said.

"Bye Neena, get out of my face." I rolled my eyes.

"No, I'm not going anywhere." She said, taking a step closer to me. I sat there unphased. "Neena if you're going to apologize, you should have just apologized not added in your sly remarks as well." Zayn said. Louis nodded in agreement.

The door was pushed open wider and Josh walked in. "Can I speak with Zayn?" Josh asked Neena and Louis. Louis nodded, and pulled Neena away. "What's up mate?" Zayn asked Josh.

"I just want to apologize-"

"So many apologies circulating through the air today." Zayn chuckled.

"No really, I just want to genuinely say I am sorry for bringing Neena and Beverly along places. Although this time I didn't invite Neena, I should have known with Bev she comes. Lauren," He looked at me. "I'm sorry for all that has happened."

"It's not your fault." I said.

"Yeah, but I feel like it kind of is. Zayn I will never bring them around when I hang with you guys, you told me, and I should respect that next time." He shrugged. "And if it's not much of a deal I'm going to head out early."