1. Concert Virgin

LAUREN'S POV:

   "Look what I've got, look what I've got!" My best friend Camila Cabello shouted through the hallway of her house. I was settled on her bed with our other best friends Ally Hernandez, and Dinah Hansen. "What is it?" I asked, curious as to what was exciting her so much. Camila's grin was taking over her face, and her eyes were glowing. "OUR ONE DIRECTION CONCERT TICKETS FINALLY CAME IN THE MAIL!" Ally and Dinah began shrieking, and joining Camila as they jumped for joy around her bedroom. "I'm gonna go call Normani, and tell her they came." Dinah snatched her ticket from Camila and ran out the room. Normani Hamilton was our other best friend who couldn't hang out with us today because she didn't finish her chores.

    "One for you." Camila handed Ally her ticket. "One for me. One for Mani bear, and one for you." She smiled holding a ticket toward me. I folded my arms across my chest. "I told you I didn't want to go to that concert, not really how I want to kick off my first week of Summer." Camila's jaw dropped.

"It's One Direction though. I know you aren't a fan of them, but they are still five very good looking guys. Come on Lauren." Camila began doing a puppy dog face. I shook my head. "Please, it'll be so fun." Ally began pleading.

    I stood up grabbing my bag from the floor and draping it over my shoulder. "No. Okay? I'm sorry that you wasted all that money on that ticket, but you can give it to some other direction obsessed girl. I'll see you guys tomorrow." I waved to them, and made my way out into the hall. Dinah was standing on the top of the stairs, just finishing her phone call.

"Normani is so excited! This is gonna be so fun." Dinah grinned. I nodded.

"Hope you guys have fun." I said, making my way down the steps.

"What do you mean? We all pitched in and got you a ticket." Dinah asked, confused.

"I don't want to go. It's not really my thing to stand in a huge venue full of screaming teenage girls too close for comfort, watching some teenage boys sing love songs." Before Dinah can protest, I hurried down the stairs and out the door.

    Later that night just as I was about to head to bed, I got a calll from Camila. I sighed answering. "Yes Camz?" I asked.

"We all have something for you." Excitement was in her voice, I raised an eyebrow.

"Oh yeah and what is that?"

"You'll get it tomorrow."

"Can I atleast know what it is? It better not be the concert ticket."

"No. Gotta go, bye." Then the line went dead.

    I didn't really know what they were possibly going to give me. They were always full of surprises. I  layed my head down on my pillow, and went to sleep, still confused.

    "Wake up Lauren, your friends are here!" My younger brother Chris shouted at me. I slowly pried my eyes open, the morning sun was enough to kill me. Camila, Normani, Ally, and Dinah charged through the door. Ally had a small gift bag in her hands. I sat up. "What are you guys doing here?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"I told you were going to see you tomorrow, silly." Camila shook my leg.

"Yeah, I thought you meant you would see me tomorrow when I was not in my pajamas with morning breath."

"You probably wanna do something about that." Dinah said scooting away from me. I gave her daggers.

    "So what's in the bag?" I asked, eyeing the small pink bag in Ally's hands. "Oh I just can't wait anymore!" Ally handed me the bag.

"We knew how bummed you were about us getting you that ticket." Camila said.

"We thought maybe we could change your mind, get you into their music." Dinah chimed in.

"So they called me and asked me to make you a playlist of the songs that they are definetley going to be singing on Friday." Normani said.

    I dug in the bag and pulled out a disk that read, "Lauren's future favorite One Direction mix" "Really guys?" I chuckled. "I said I'm not going."

"You never even took a chance to listen to their music."

"Yes I heard their one song, what's it called.." I began thinking. "Year 3000."

    Camila made a face. "That's the Jonas Brothers, not One Direction. Listen to the cd, tell us what you think. We have custody of your ticket until further notice. You have two days to decide." The four all stood up, and left my room.

    I rolled my eyes giving the cd another look. I stared at the cd for what felt like hours. At last I surrendered. If I listened to this, they can finally leave me alone. I took a deep breath grabbing my laptop from my nightstand, and popping open the disc compartment. I placed the disc in and waited until it loaded on the screen. It automatically started playing. 'You're insecure, don't know what for, you're turning heads when you walk through the door.' I clicked next. 'Oh I just wanna take you anywhere that you like, we can go out anyday, anynight' I skipped to the next song, rolling my eyes. 'People say we shouldn't be together, we're too young to know about forever.' I stopped the disc. Sure, the songs were very catchy. But they were all so generic in my opinion.

    I called Camila. "Hello?" She answered. I can just tell in her voice that she was smiling. I rolled my eyes. "I listened to the cd." She began squealing, I pulled the phone away from my ear. "Okay, and what did you think?"

"The songs were catchy.. still don't see the obsession."

"So will you go?"

"No."

"Oh Lauren, come on! Please! Please! Please!' After listening to her plead for five minutes, I agreed. "Fine. Fine, I'll go. Just stop begging."

"Oh yay! You just made me the happiest girl alive, and I'm sure the others will agree!"

"I'll see you then."

"Wear something cute because I got the whole package so we have meet and greet passes too."

"Great." I sarcastically said, and hung up.

    I  was a concert virgin, and this Friday would be the end of my innocence.