8. Hospital Date

LAUREN:

I awoke the next morning feeling like I was on top of the world. Camila was still fast asleep, grasping tightly to her stuffed bear. It was only 10:00am, but I was wide awake, and that was a first.

I was in the kitchen making breakfast, when Normani walked in humming. She stopped in place. "What is the miracle that you're awake Lauren?" She sounded surprised. "I'm making breakfast." I said obviously, flipping a pancake. "There are only five of us. I feel as though you're trying to feed an army." Normani joked.

I turned off the stove. "No Mani, I'm just being a good best friend and making you lovely ladies a nice meal." I smiled. I walked over to the fridge and pulled out a carton of orange juice. "Okay. As generous as this is. I want the old Lauren back."

I made a face at her. "I'm just happy. You can't shoot me down for being happy." I smirked, pouring orange juice into glass cups. "Now, can you please go wake up the others and tell them breakfast is served?" Normani nodded, and left the kitchen.

I began placing the plates on the table, when my phone vibrated. I scurried over to it, and it was a text message from Zayn. "I woke up thinking of you. (: I have to see you. Please say you aren't busy later." I couldn't help but grin at my phone.

I don't think I had anything planned so I text back, "I'm not busy. Just let me know what you have planned, and I'll gladly go along with it. :)" I placed my phone down on the table and let out a breath.

Dinah walked into the kitchen. "Yum pancakes!" She clapped sitting down at the table. "What are you so smiley about?" She asked me. I sat down at the table, and shrugged. "Can't a girl smile anymore?" I giggled.

Normani, Ally, and an exhausted looking Camila joined us at the table. We all joined hands, and bowed our heads so Ally can say a prayer over our meal. "Lord, thank you for another beautiful day together. Thank you for allowing us to have this meal, and thank you for everything you continue to do for us. We are so grateful, and truly blessed to have all of these amazing oppurtunities occur in our lives, all thanks to you. Amen." Ally said.  

"Amen." We all said in unison.

I was at the sink washing dishes after breakfast and the girls were still sitting at the table talking. "They are having a sale at American Apparel today and I do not want to miss it, so let's head to the mall after we're finished getting ready." Normani said. Ally nodded, taking a sip from her juice. "Sounds great. Girls day."  

"And can we please go get mani pedi's after because my claws are looking rough." Dinah said.

"I might just stay here. I feel like death." Camila said in a very raspy voice. 

"What's wrong?" Ally asked. Camila shrugged. "I just don't feel good, so I'm going to head back to bed. You guys have fun for me." She stood up and headed up the stairs.

"Poor Mila." Ally sighed. 

"It was probably the leftover sandwhich she ate last night after the guys left." Normani said. "I told her it had a funky smell."  

"I guess it's just us four." Dinah said.

I looked up from the sink. "Actually, it's just you three. I have plans with Zayn."