18. Goodbye Girls

ZAYN:

"Zayn you're not going to ruin this show with your pissy mood." Liam said, giving me a shove. I shook out my body. "I'm fine." I nodded. "Really, I'm feeling great. The show will go amazing as they all do." I said, taking a sip from a water bottle. Ever since last night I couldn't stop thinking about Lauren. Already she was all I thought about, but what happened last night made my brain do double time. Were we not together? I heard nothing from her this morning, and I wasn't sure where our stand point was with one another.

We had to head over to fittings, but not before I could talk to Lauren and get things sorted. The boys rushed over to our dressing room, but I made my way down the hall to be alone. Scrolling down to Lauren's name in my call log, I was just about to press call, when there before me stood Lauren.

She stood there in her jean shorts and pastel pink tank top with her long hair draped over her shoulders, and a small smile on her face. "I was just about to call you." I said, nervously.

"And I was just about to go find you, but here you are." She said. We stood there briefly, unsure what to say to one another although I am more than positive we had so much to say, slipping from the tip of our tongues.

At the same time we both opened our mouths to speak. "You first." Lauren gestured. I nodded. Fair enough. "What happened last night?" I asked. "I know we got into a bit of a tiff, but I don't want us to split."

"I was speaking in frustration and anger." Lauren said. I breathed, relieved.

"Thank God. I was so worried all last night and up until this point. So we're still together?" Lauren smiled, and nodded. "Yes Zayn." I held my arms out and we shared a hug, and a quick kiss.

"Okay, your turn." I said, feeling much better about things. "My parents.. they found out everything." Lauren said in a low tone. My eyes widened in shock. "No kidding?" She shook her head. "My dad he was- he was pretty pissed off." She recalled.

"So are you going to have to go back home?" I asked, disappointed. She nodded her head, and I groaned. "But you're going to have to come with me." She said, taking my hands in hers. "What do you mean?"

"My parents want to meet you."

My eyes widened. I knew this day was coming, but I didn't think it'd be so soon. "When?" I asked, trying to keep my cool. I was actually freaking out. "Tomorrow. We would have to ride out through Miami anyway." I didn't say anything. I was still in shock. "I know you'd rather be doing anything else than meeting parents on your day off, but I want to get it over with and show them that you're what makes me happy." I nodded, and kissed Lauren's hand.

"Alright. I'll meet you parents." I agreed. Lauren smirked. "It will be a great time, I hope." She kissed my lips. "I'm gonna head back to the bus." I watched Lauren as she walked away. "Thank you for being willing to fix things." I breathed. Lauren turned around flashing me a smile. "Anything for you."

-- 

"So you have to meet her parents?" Niall asked me, as he poured more crisps onto his plate. I nodded, running a hand down my face. "I'm nervous."

"I can tell you've been out of sorts since you told us. And the fidgeting gives it away as well." Niall tried to hand me a crisp but I turned it down, so he popped the salty delight into his mouth. "I already feel as though her father isn't too fond of me, and I'm not sure about her mum."