13. Feeling Guilty

LAUREN:

Tour has been going on for two and a half weeks, and so far, so good. It was ending soon. Ally, Normani and Dinah were mine and Camila's own personal pretty little liars. They were doing a damn good job at it too. Although there were instances when they felt like it was the end of the road, and that they'd be caught- they pushed through.

Just a few more days and we'd be reunited with the girls, and we'd be in harmony once again. Camila and I were not needed tonight as merch girls, so we sat in the tour bus waiting for the boys to get back.

Camila and Harry had long worked things out since his pissy attitude a couple weeks back. He even got her a single red rose.

"Am I a fly?" I asked Camila as she acted out the notecard I had on my head. She shook her head, but continued to fly around the room. "Am I an airplane?" She shook her head. "Okay, am I a bird?" I asked. Again, she shook her head. She curled up her upperlip and started flying around the room. "Am I a flying squirrel?" I questioned. She threw her arms up. "Yes! Finally!"

"Am I really?" I excitedly asked, grabbing my card and staring at it. Flying Squirrel was written across it on bold black marker. "Okay, my turn." Camila said, sticking a notecard that said Ice Cream Cone onto her forehead.

I heard the doors open, and then I hear an uproar of screaming. "We love you Houston! Have a great night!" Harry shouted out the door. Then the screams became muffled once the door shut. Thank God they were back. Now I didn't have to have the difficult task of acting like an ice cream cone. It'd be impossible for Camila, or anyone to guess.

"How was the show?" I asked Zayn, giving him a hug and a kiss. "It was incredible." He said. Liam handed Camila and I an envelope. "What's this?" I ask.  

"It's your pay for working at the merch stand. What'd you think we'd have you working for free?"

Camila peered in the envelope at the money. "I can't take this. Really. That looks like a lot of money." She handed it back to him. "Are you mad woman? Keep the money, you deserve it." Harry said. "By the way, I've got great news." Zayn said.  

"And that great news is?" I asked.  

"We have three days off instead of one now." He said excited.

"That's awesome!" I said.

"For two days however we have a movie premire to go to in Manhattan, and the tcas in Orlando" Camila gasped at Zayn's words. "TCA's as in the teen choice awards?" Zayn nodded. "That's our last week of tour, how'd you like to be my date for both events?" Zayn asked me. I smiled. "I'd love to!" Harry turned to Camila. "And how'd you love to be my date?" Camila placed her hand on her heart. "Pinch me I'm dreaming." She said. Harry laughed. "No this is reality. So whattaya say?" 

"I say heck yea!"

A few days later Camila and I were at the merch table. My phone started to ring. It was Ally. I left Camila attending to the customers and I walked out of the booth and to a semi quiet area. "Hey, what's up?" I asked.

"I have a question about tomorrow, and the rest of that week actually." She says.

"Okay, shoot." I said.

"HOW THE HECK ARE WE GOING TO COVER UP OUR WHEREABOUTS IF NONE OF US ARE GOING TO BE HERE?!" She practically freaks.

My heart starts beating faster than usual. I didn't even think about that. "Holy shit." I say. I start to browse my brain for ideas and I come up short. "I have no clue. When you guys come tomorrow we can just think of something."

"I suppose, but what if Lani comes tomorrow for a surprise visit as she likes to do, but we aren't there?"

"Ally I really don't know what to say. Ask Normani, she'll probably know. I don't know. I gotta go." I hang up, and walk back to the merch booth.

"We're dead." I say as I sit down next to Camila. "What do you mean we're dead?" She asks concerned. "I mean we are dead. The girls are coming tomorrow and now they don't have anyone to cover for them and we don't have anyone to cover for us anymore. We're going to get caught. It's unavoidable."

Camila shrugged. "I think it's about time." I slowly turn to her. "What?" I blink, dumb founded by her response. "I think this has been a long time coming, and I think we should just get caught or fess up already." I take a deep breath, trying to understand what she's saying and why she's saying it.

"Camila. Do you hear yourself right now?" I ask.

"Yes, I do."

"You're talking crazy, and I think you just need to get back to the tour bus and sleep." She turns to me. "That's not going to change the fact that my response is going to be exactly the same when I wake up."

"Why would you want to get caught? Do you know how much trouble we'll get into? We just have to make it through one more week and we're solid. One week." 

I say trying to get it through her head. "We're going to get caught regardless Lauren. When we go to the tcas and that movie priemere. There are going to be photographers, and we're going to be with One Direction. You do the math." She sneers.

"Do you know how bad I feel lying to my parents everytime they call? Because I feel like crap. I hate lying, and I'm sure the girls hate it too. It's not a liberating feeling honestly." Camila's phone started to ring. "Oh would you look at that, it's my mom. Let's see what lie I can tell her this time." She scoots out of her chair and walks away.

I roll my eyes and cross my arms over my chest. "The boys are just finishing up with the meet and greet, you guys can head out to the tour bus." Josh the drummer said to me. I nod, and stand up gathering my things.

When I get back on the bus, Camila is there. "Hey you." I say. I can just feel the tension. "I told my mom we were painting each others nails and I had to go, I was going to use the old "We're going for a moonlight dip in the ocean" but I've used it five times already." She said. I sat down across from her in Niall's bunk. "I'm sorry." I said. "I know lying is a horrible feeling, especially when we're doing it everyday."

I pull my hair up into a ponytail. "Go ahead, tell your parents the truth. I won't stop you." Camila looked at me, then down at her phone. "I'm not going to."

"Why not?" I ask. "You were so set on it minutes ago." She shrugged. "I know your parents will be harder on you then mine, and I want you to enjoy the time you do have with Zayn everyday." I smile, and walk over to her. "I love you Camzi. You're a great best friend."

"Yea, yea. But if we get caught, just know I told you so." She giggled. I nod, taking a breath of relief. "It'll be worth it though."

"So worth it actually." Camila smiles.