The party

Mages and sorcerers either stood around and danced or sat around and talked. "Hey skulduggery. Thanks for inviting us to this great party. What's the occasion?" Asked Dexter. "Well I just wanted to get everyone together" skulduggery said. Dexter grinned and then went back to the table where ravel, Anton, ghastly, tanith, Saracen and the monster Hunters were sitting.

Ghastly walked over to skulduggery and frowned "what are you up to?" He asked suspiciously. Skulduggery turned to him and cocked his head "what are you talking about?" He asked. Ghastly crossed his arms "ever since Valkyrie left you have been acting really off. You don't like parties because you think they are a waste of time. Are you ok?" He asked. Skulduggery sighed a breathless sigh and shook his head "yes I have been acting off. I know you would if tanith just left one day without telling you where she was going or how long she was going to be away for. I've been looking for Valkyrie and haven't had time for you guys so I thought I would have a party to have some fun with you" skulduggery said. Ghastly frowned but then smiled and nodded "ok" he said and went back to the table.

Skulduggery walked on to the stage and everyone went quiet as he started talking. "Before our entertainment starts I just want to say how it's good to see you all. I was so caught up with looking for Val that I didn't have time to see the others I cared about. I'm not the sappy type of person so I'm going to keep this short but it's good to see you all again" he said and then walked off the stage.

The curtains stayed closed as the music began and a beautiful voice started to sing.

You were the shadow to my light
Did you feel us?
Another star
You fade away
Afraid our aim is out of sight
Wanna see us
Alight

Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Was it all in my fantasy?
Where are you now?
Were you only imaginary?

Where are you now?
Atlantis
Under the sea
Under the sea
Where are you now?
Another dream
The monster's running wild inside of me
I'm faded
I'm faded
So lost, I'm faded
I'm faded
So lost, I'm faded

These shallow waters never met what I needed
I'm letting go a deeper dive
Eternal silence of the sea. I'm breathing alive

Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Under the bright but faded lights
You've set my heart on fire

When the song finished everyone clapped but then went silent as the curtains began to open. A tall girl stepped out onto the stage. Her hair was curled and came down to her waist. She was wearing a red silk dress and black high heels.

Valkyrie smiled shyly down at the shocked sorcerers. "OH MY GOD! VALKYRIE!" Tanith squealed and ran over to her and hugged her tightly. Valkyrie hugged back as she began to cry "Valkyrie! You're back! I missed you so much!" Tanith sobbed into Valkyries shoulder. "I missed you too tanith" Valkyrie whispered.

When tanith had calmed down she stepped back and smiled "welcome back sister" she whispered and Valkyrie grinned "thank you sister" Valkyrie said. Valkyrie then walked over to ghastly who had tears pricking at his eyes. "Hey ghastly" she said softly. Ghastly shook his head and smiled "come here" he said and Valkyrie smiled and ran into his outstretched arms.

After Valkyrie was finished with ghastly she turned to Dexter and Saracen. "I knew you were behind the curtains the whole time" Saracen said. Valkyrie laughed "I knew you knew" she said. She walked over to him and hugged him "I also know you and Dexter are a thing now" she whispered. "Damn it" Dexter muttered and joined the hugged.

After the party skulduggery, Valkyrie, the dead men and tanith went back to skulduggery's house. They all sat in the sitting room while Valkyrie told them what she had been up to and they had listened and then told her what they had been up. "I'm so excited to meet Nicolas" Valkyrie said. "And I'm excited for you to meet him" tanith laughed.

Oh my god! The end has come! It's the end of the book now. I hope you enjoyed.