At Gordon's

Valkyrie was on the sofa cursing to herself of how stupid she had acted. But she needed some space from skulduggery so maybe these feeling for him would go away and they could carry on being best friends and partners. Yes skulduggery was Valkyries crush and she had felt this for a quite a while now. She just didn't know how to act upon it.

The phone rang, the noise giving Valkyrie a headache. She picked up the phone not bothering to look at the called ID. "Hello?" Asked Ghastly over the phone. Valkyrie sighed "hey" she replied. "Val? You ok? Skulduggery just called me and told me what happened. What's wrong?" He asked and she could tell he was worried because of the tone of his voice. "I need some space from him" Valkyrie said as her heart beat hard and painfully in her chest. "What did he do?" He asked. But Valkyrie shook her head then realised he couldn't see her. "I don't wanna talk about it" she said and hung up before he could say anything else.

After sitting there for a few more minutes Valkyrie decided to go and see Gordon. So she ascended the stairs up into his study and then into his secret chambers. "Hello my favourite little niece how are you?" He asked as he looked up but then frowned. "You ok?" He asked and walked towards her. Valkyrie shook her head and went and sat on the chair closest to her. "What happened?" He asked and Valkyrie sighed as she started to tell him what happened.

"Well then" he said after she had finished. "So who do you like?" Asked Gordon. Valkyrie glared and turned to leave the room but Gordon stopped her. "I'm sorry my dear" he said. "I won't ask again." Valkyrie sighed and sat back down. "So what are you going to do?" Valkyrie shrugged and put her face in her hands. "Well why don't we go down to the sitting room and watch some movies that I have?" He asked and Valkyrie looked up at him and nodded. "Very well" he said and Valkyrie picked up the echo stone out of the cradle and walked back out of the room and downstairs.

After watching the third harry potter movie there was a knock at the door. "Who's that?" Asked Gordon. "I don't know"
"Well go and answer the door"
"Why don't you do it?"
"Me?"
"Yeah it's you house"
"I can't open doors"
"Walk through it then"
"I'm not a ghost"
"So you can't walk through doors"
"No. But trust me I've tried"
"Well tell them to open the door for you"
"Fine!" Moaned Gordon and he walked over to the door. "Hello? Can you open the door for me?" He asked and there was a noise and then the door handle turned and the door opened. There in the door way stood the dead men minis skulduggery. Valkyrie slid off of the sofa and lay on the floor so they couldn't see her. "Hi Gordon" said Anton with a puzzled expression. "Hello dead men" said Gordon. "Where's Valkyrie?" Asked Ghastly. "I don't know" said Gordon as he looked over to the sofa to see her not there. "Can we speak to her?" Asked Anton. "Well I don't know how you could possibly talk to her if I nor you know where she is" said Gordon. "Gordon?" Asked Saracen. "Yes" he replied politely. "Where's Valkyrie? And don't say you don't know because I know when your lying" Saracen said. Gordon sighed and pointed to the sofa. Ghastly ran in and over it the sofa to see Valkyrie sat on the floor looking down right miserable. "I don't wanna talk" she said and turned away from him. "What did he do?" Asked Ghastly. "Nothing. He didn't do anything" Valkyrie said and stood. "Then why are you being like this? He thinks you hate him" vex said walking forward. This hit Valkyrie hard in the face like someone had punched her. "I don't want to talk about it. Please" she said and clenched her fists and screwed her eyes shut.

Ghastly sighed but smiled a sad smile. "Ok. But can you come to the sanctuary tomorrow because the dead men are having a meeting." Valkyrie thought of a moment and then sighed. "Fine" she said and walked upstairs to her room. "See you tomorrow!" They called out as they left the estate.