time to fight

The Bentley raced down the road that lead to roarhaven. If it was someone else driving Valkyrie would have been scared out of her mind. But skulduggery had skill behind the wheel so even as they turned each corner with stomach churning speed, they stayed on the road. "This is it" she said softly as they drove up to roarhaven and how it looked a lot like the vision Cassandra had seen. "This is where we end it or die" skulduggery said as they pulled up sharply and ran over to where ghastly and the rest of the dead men were waiting for them.

"Finally!" Ravel said releaved and chucked skulduggery a black bag. "I'll be back in a minute" skulduggery said and rushed off to change. The dead men looked and Valkyrie "you ready?" Asked Saracen gently. "I was born ready" she replied determined.

After a couple of minutes skulduggery ran back. He was wearing his old clothes that he had worn in the war. They were black and clung onto him. He had two holsters on his thighs holding his twin pistols. "Let's move out" he ordered and they nodded and started down the path of the destroyed road to find the cause of it.

Valkyrie bit her lip but walked with confidence as she walked in the middle of the group of guys. She was scared out of her mind but didn't want to show it just incase they told her to retreat. "Hold on" skulduggery said and stopped walking. He was in the front and held out his arm to stop them from walking and then listened out. "You are really hard to sneak up on skelly bones" darquesse called from on top of the building that the dead men were standing in front of. "I've had some practice" he called up to her and looked up to her.

She grinned and then jumped off the building. She hair flapped around her but she didn't care and landed right in front of them like a cat as she landed in a crouch. "Hello Valkyrie. You look like you're doing better" she said with another grin. "I am! Now surrender before I kick your ass!" Valkyrie snapped and stepped forward. Darquesse just laughed and held out her hand. Valkyrie cried out as her body went ridged with pain "don't speak to your new ruler of the world like that" she teased. Valkyrie cried out again and fell to her knees. "Stop that!" Skulduggery roared as he stood in front of his pained partner protectively.

Darquesse laughed and lowered her arm "you are so demanding!" She cooed and licked her lips. "You aren't going to win" ghastly scowled and stepped forward. "Oh ghastly! Did you know that Valkyrie has always thought you as a dad? Well she has. It's too cute I want to puke" darquesse smiled and then stepped back. She raised her hands into the sky and they all went flying in different directions and their surroundings began to crumble and die.

When Valkyrie woke up she was covered in the building around her. She pushed off the rubble and dusted herself and took in her surroundings. "Skulduggery? Ghastly? Saracen? Anyone?" She called out but no reply came. She ran out of the ruins of the building and ran into the street to see fire and destruction. "I've going to find them" she whispered to herself and began her long search for her friends.