the black hooded stranger

The stranger in black walked the streets looking for survivors. They walked over to the sanctuary and ran down the corridor to the holding cells. "Hello? Anyone here?" The stranger asked. "Yeah over here" said a voice. The stranger walked over to the cell and opened the door to see Fletcher and tanith sitting there. "Who the bloody hell are you?" He asked. The person in black threw tanith her sword "you don't need to know. Let's go" they said and tanith nodded and walked out of the cell. But Fletcher on the other hand wasn't convinced "how can I trust you?" He asked. "Because I said so!" They snapped and then turned and walked out of the holding cell. "Come on Fletch" tanith said and lead the way out of the holding cells and started following the hooded stranger.

"Where are we going?" Asked tanith as she fell into step with the stranger. "We are going to kill darquesse" they stated. "What's your name?" Asked Fletcher. "It's better if you don't know that for now" said the stranger. The person in black was wearing a black hood and black leggings. They had blood on their left shoulder and it looked like it pained them to move it. "What happened to your shoulder?" Tanith asked. "I hurt it" they replied. "How?" Tanith pressed.
"Why do you want to know so bad?"
"Because I'm curious"
"I know you are"
"How do you know?"
"Because I know you very well"
"Do you?"
"Yes"
"Who are you?"
"Someone who doesn't deserve you. Now come on" they said and walked faster. Tanith frowned and looked at Fletcher who was also frowning.

Darquesse dodged another shadow spike and throw a ball of black fire. Vile staggered as it blow up on his chest and then he ran into her and tackled her to the ground. The shadows around him turned sharp and then he sent them raining down on her. She grunted and put her hand on his chest and he stiffened and fell backwards.

She moved and then jumped onto him so that she was now on top. She started throwing punches at him trying to break loose a bit of the armour but failing.

But then suddenly there was a crackling noise and a black lightning bolt hit darquesse in the chest and she went flying back. "Who the hell are you?" Asked darquesse as she stood up and healed her wounded chest. "You know who I am" said the stranger in black. "I don't think I do" darquesse snapped.

The figure grabbed their hood and pulled it off to reveal their face. Dark hair spilled out and there stood are very angry Valkyrie. "I shot you!" Cried darquesse looking mortified. Valkyrie undid her hoodie and showed her shoulder "you are really bad at aiming" she said. "Now I want you to stand still so I can kill you" Valkyrie said. Darquesse giggled and put her hands on her hips "sure. Like I would do that. I am way..." Was all she could say before she was pushed against the wall by shadows. Lord vile pressed the shadows so darquesse couldn't move. "This is what happens... WHEN YOU MESS WITH MY FRIENDS AND MY BOYFRIEND!" She raged and held out her hands and then made black lightning rain down on her. Valkyrie didn't didn't leave a gap for darquesse to heal so slowly she killed her. "You bitch!" Valkyrie cursed and once more struck darquesse and she crumbled to dust.

Valkyrie caught her breath and then ran to the cage and opened the door for her friends. "Are you guys ok?" She asked and they all nodded. She nodded and then turned to lord vile "bring him back now" Valkyrie ordered but he just stood there. "Now!" Valkyrie snapped and walked up to him. "Val be careful!" Ghastly exclaimed. "I know what I'm doing" she simply said.

"Thank you lord vile for helping me kill that bitch but now I need you to return my beloved skulduggery" she said but still no response. Suddenly lord vile went ridged as if he were in pain and his shadows began to stab into himself. "Stop! Your hurting him!" She cried and then vile fell to his knees. He looked up at her and a shadow came slicing across her cheek and she winced. "How dare you! He would never hurt me!" Valkyrie cried and fell to her knees next to him with tears in her eyes. "Bring him back" she whispered.

We meet every day at the same cafe
Six-thirty, I know she'll be there
Holding hands, making all kinds of plans
While the jukebox plays our favorite song

Me and Mrs., Mrs. Jones, Mrs. Jones, Mrs. Jones
We got a thing going on
We both know that it's wrong
But it's much too strong to let it go now

We gotta be extra careful
That we don't build our hopes too high
'Cause she's got her own obligations, and so do I
Me and Mrs., Mrs. Jones, Mrs. Jones, Mrs. Jones

She sung softly and as she sung the shadows began to drip off of him and made a puddle at his knees. When all of the darkness was gone it swirled and then went back into skulduggery's chest. "Valkyrie?" He asked weakly. Valkyrie smiled a teary smiled and nodded. Skulduggery threw his arms around her neck and cried into her shoulder. (Ok yes he's a skeleton but just imagine someone crying without tears and then think of skulduggery doing it ok? It's meant to be a happy moments so shush and keep reading). Valkyrie cried into his shoulder "you're alive!" He repeated over and over again. Valkyrie just nodded and cried.

After they were finished they pulled away and Valkyrie noticed the crack on his skull. "He did that?" She asked. Skulduggery tilted his head and felt his head until he found the crack. "I guess so... Did I do that?" Skulduggery asked quietly. He was looking at the torn cheek "it was an accident!" She fussed and covered her cheek with her hand. Skulduggery sighed and shook his head "I'm so sorry" he said and Valkyrie shook her head and hugged him again. He held her close like he never wanted to loose her again.