China's library

The Bentley pulled up outside of China's building and skulduggery and Valkyrie got out. "I'm tired!" Valkyrie moaned as she shuffled in behind skulduggery. "Well that's your fault for watching Titanic last night. You knew how long it was but you did it anyway. So stop moaning you're giving me a headache" he muttered. Valkyrie huffed and rubbed the sleep from her eyes "you're just cranky because we have to work with Fletcher" she said and skulduggery stopped walking and turned to Valkyrie. "Yes I am. He really pisses me off" he said and then went back to walking. Valkyrie smiled and nodded.

When they got to the library they knocked on the door and the man in the bow tie answered. He nodded to them both and then showed them to the back of the library where China was chatting with Fletcher. "Oh hey guys" Fletcher said and smiled. China just smiled her angelic smile and nodded. "Fletcher you were supposed to meet us at the sanctuary" skulduggery said firmly. Fletcher grinned and rubbed the back of his head "so what? So I could ride in the car with you two and have it all awkward? I don't think so" Fletcher said. Skulduggery tightened his fist's and stepped forward "well you could of called" he said though gritted teeth. Valkyrie punched him in the arm "cut it out!" She snapped. China chuckled to herself "you really have changed him Valkyrie" China said and stood up. She flicked her hair behind her shoulder in an elegant fashion and walked towards the now quiet skeleton. "You wanted to talk to me?"
"Yes"
"Is it about the man who was asking about darquesse?"
"Yes. Exactly. Do you know anything about him?"
"I don't. But he did ask where he could find darquesse. I asked him how I was supposed to know and he said that people tell me things. Now what's that supposed to mean?" China asked confused. If skulduggery had eyes Valkyrie was pretty sure he would be rolling them right now. "Did he say anything else?" Asked Valkyrie. China smiled at her "yes. He said if I found out where she was I should call this number"
Said China handing Valkyrie a business card. She showed skulduggery and he nodded "that's probably the most we are going to get today. Thank you China. Please call if he comes back" skulduggery said and walked the way they had come. Valkyrie nodded her head and walked after him. "Val! Wait!" Fletcher called running up behind her "what is it?" She asked. He leaned in close to her and gave her a passionate kiss. Valkyrie froze for a moment but then pushed him and and glared at him. "What the hell!" She bellowed taking a step back which made her back hit the shelf behind her.

Fletcher smirked and reached out, stroking her cheek. "You are so pretty when you get angry" he whispered. Valkyrie hit his hand away but he stepped forward and put both arms by her sides so he was now blocking her from moving. "What are you doing? Fletcher I'm with skulduggery you twat!" She hissed. "You can't be serious? Really? Val, he's a skeleton. He's dead and can't give you anything!" Fletcher protested. Valkyrie glared "he's also unique, smart, funny and the man I want to be with!" Valkyrie whispered harshly and pushed him away and ran from the library with tears pricking at her eyes.

When Valkyrie got outside skulduggery was leaning against the Bentley with his arms crossed. She looked at him and he looked at her. He tilted his head and opened his mouth to say something but Valkyrie ran into his arms and hugged him. He hugged back "you ok?" He asked softly. She nodded and stepped back "well good. Now let's go!" He said and punched the air. "You're such a dork"
"But I'm your dork"
"You're also cheesy"
"As a wotsit"
"Just get in the car"
"As you wish madam" he said and slipped into the driver's seat. Valkyrie giggled and got in the passenger seat "where to miss?" He asked. "Take me home pleasant!" Valkyrie ordered and they both burst out laughing.