alive?

Valkyrie sat on a chair outside of the medical bay twiddling her thumbs. "I bet he's fine" said tanith for the tenth time. Valkyrie just nodded and stood up. She began to pace the corridor while humming 'me and Mrs Jones.'

"Valkyrie?" Asked kenspeckle as he stepped out into the corridor. Valkyrie stopped pacing and looked up at him. "Can I see him? Is he ok? What happened?" She asked franticly, rushing over. Kenspeckle nodded. "You can see him. He's fine and I think you should go and look yourself. But I warn you he will seem a bit different. Now go in my dear he's asking for you" he said and stepped out of the way to let her in. She rushed in and over to the room he was being held. She knocked on the door and then opened it.

She stepped into the room and turned left to where skulduggery was sitting with his back to her. "Skully?" She asked. "Val?" He asked but didn't turn around. He had his hat low over his head so it covered the back of his head. "Are you ok? What happened?" She asked and ran over to the bed. "Ok well I have something to show you ok? But you can't freak out ok?" He asked and Valkyrie smiled. "Ok" she said and waited until he stood. "Ok well this might scare you a bit but please don't freak out. We don't know what happened" he started to ramble on but Valkyrie stopped him. "Skulduggery turn around and let me see" she said and then calmed down. "I won't freak out. I promise. Just please turn around. Look at me" she said softly. He took a deep breath and then turned to her. She gasped and took a step back.

Skulduggery stood there looking at her. "Is that your façade?" She asked and he shook his head. "They're saying I've risen from the dead. I'm alive again" he said and scratched the back of his head. He had bright green eyes and a perfect little nose. One of the only things that wasn't different was his strong jaw line. Valkyrie walked up to him and took his gloved hand. She pulled off the glove and looked at his soft skinned hand and kissed it. "Can I see your hair?" She asked and skulduggery blushed and shook his head. "You're so cute when you blush! Why can't I see your hair? Is it that bad?" She asked. Skulduggery reluctantly leaned his head down so Valkyrie could remove his hat. She lifted it up and then burst out laughing. "You're ginger!" She cried and then saw the embarrassment on his face. Valkyrie stopped laughing and smiled. "You look cute" she said and hugged him. "Really?" He asked. Valkyrie nodded against his chest.

They stood like this for what felt like hours. She never wanted to let go because she could feel his strong and cuddly arms under his jacket and it felt so good. But then he whimpered so Valkyrie let go and looked up at his face. It was scrunched up in a pained expression and he looked quite pale. "Skulduggery?" She asked. He shook his head and lay on his bed and rapped his arms around his stomach. "Ok this is something I don't not miss about being alive!" He mumbled painfully and squeezed his eyes shut. "Are you ok?" Valkyrie asked and grabbed one of his hands. "Kenspeckle!" She called and a moment later the professor entered the room. "Ah I see you've seen him. Skulduggery what's the matter?" He asked. "My stomach is killing me" he mumbled. "Yes well you have been dead for around 300 years. Your body is waking up and it has to get rid of the stuff that you have been building up. I'm guess your going to throw up and you're going to have to use the bathroom. There's one next door. Valkyrie can you help him? I have some more patients to deal with" the professor said looking at Valkyrie. She nodded and kenspeckle smiled and walked out of the room. "Let's get you to the bathroom" she said and help him off the bed and into the next room (the bathroom).

"Do you feel like your going to be sick?" She asked and he nodded his now very pale face. He walked over to the toilet and fell to his knees and grimaced. "Ok just let it out Skully" she whispered into his ear as she rubbed his back. He gaged and leaned over the bowl and vomited violently. "Oh my god I'm so sorry skulduggery! Just get it out your system. That's it" she said as comfortingly as possible.

When it seemed like he had gotten rid of it all he sat against the wall while Valkyrie flushed the toilet. "Do you need to pee or anything else?" She asked looking at his face which was back it is usual colour. But he shook his head. "I don't think those things are awake yet" he said and blushed again. Valkyrie laughed and helped him to his feet. She let him wash his hands and then they left the room. "Ok well skulduggery I want you to come back later this afternoon for a check up. For now though you can leave. Stay in the sanctuary" kenspeckle ordered and then let them leave. Valkyrie took skulduggery's hand and lead him out if the medical bay and into the corridor. "Oh my god" was all tanith said before she burst out laughing. "You're ginger!" She exclaimed between giggles. "No! Really?" Asked skulduggery as he glared at her. "Sorry" said tanith as she tried to stop laughing. "I've never seen you glare before" she said. "How does it feel to be alive again?" Asked tanith taking a step closer so she could examine his face a bit better. "It feels weird. I don't know. I guess it's because I've been a skeleton way longer than alive so I got used to being dead" he said and ran a hand threw his hair. "But I definitely missed having hair" he said and chuckled. He pulled Valkyrie closer to his side by grabbing her waist. Valkyrie giggled and rapped and arm around his back and the grabbed his waist and rested her head on his shoulder. "Well I guess we should go and see the others" said skulduggery and walked down the corridor back to ravels office.