together?

Valkyrie was back living in skulduggery's house. It had been two days since Valkyrie confessed her feelings for him. But she hadn't expected him to like her back. "Valkyrie?" Skulduggery called from the sitting room. "Yes?" Valkyrie called back from her room. "Can I talk to you for a minute?" He asked. "Aren't we talking right now?" She replied. "Just get down here!" He yelled. Valkyrie giggled "ok" she yelled back and put down what she was doing and ran downstairs.

"What's up?" She asked skipping down the stairs. He turned his head to her and nodded. "Yeah I wanted to ask you something" he said and patted on the sofa space next to him. Valkyrie smiled and sat down. "Well after you told me that you liked me I started thinking and I would really like it if you would be my um..." he said and then looked to the floor. Valkyrie put her hand over his. "Yes?" She asked. "Well, would you be my girlfriend?" He asked and Valkyrie gasped putting her hands over her mouth. "You don't have to if you don't want to..." he started but was interrupted by her jumping on to him and rapping her arms around his neck. "Yes. Yes! YES!" She cried and skulduggery chuckled and hugged back.

They were sat in the Bentley on their way to the sanctuary for a meeting on the murder of Valkyries parents. "Should we tell them?" Asked Valkyrie breaking the comfortable silence. Skulduggery peered over at her and then back to the road. "Tell them what?" He asked. "About us? They deserve to know and well they're going to find out anyway" she said and looked down at her lap. "Yeah. I guess we should" he said with a smile in his voice. "Ok" Valkyrie said and smiled at him.

When they arrived at the sanctuary they got out of the car and walked over to the door. Skulduggery carried on while Valkyrie stopped a few steps back. "Are you coming?" Asked skulduggery. Valkyrie looked at him sadly "will we find who killed my family?" She asked. Skulduggery walked up to her and grabbed her hand. "Well I don't know about you but I'm not going to give up until I've found them ok?" She nodded and they walked in while still holding hands.

They got to ravels office and knocked. "Come in!" Said ravel. So skulduggery opened the door and stepped in, bring Valkyrie with him. Everyone turned to them and Tanith stood up and squealed. "Are you two together?" She asked while jumping up and down on the spot. Skulduggery looked at Valkyrie and then back at tanith and nodded. "Omg! It's so cute! Valduggery for life!" Sung tanith and ran over and hugged Valkyrie who was blushing a little. "When did this happen?" Asked Ghastly as he stood up and walked over. "This morning" said skulduggery as he scratched the back of his skull. "Well good for you" he said and patted his best friend on the back. "Yes well as romantic and fab as that is we should get on with the meeting. If you could take your seats please?" Asked ravel as he sat down behind his desk. Everyone else took a seat and ravel smiled. "Thank you. Anyway has anyone found any evidence or conclusions to the killing or killer?" He asked. "I know how they were killed" said skulduggery. "It was by fire. They were burned to a crisp. But the person seemed to be able to control the fire because nothing else but the family was burnt." This made Valkyrie whimper quietly but it seemed to be loud enough for them all to hear. "Valkyrie are you ok to work on this case?" Asked Ghastly concerned. "Yes. I wanna help" she said and then went quiet. "Only if you're sure Valkyrie. Anyway has anyone found out when this occurred because it could of happened just before Valkyrie walked in or it could of been hours before" said ravel. "It happened the night before" said ghastly. "I took some of our scientist's down there and they estimated it to have occurred 12 hours before" he said. "Skulduggery?" Asked Valkyrie as she looked over to his rigid body. His head was in his hands and he seemed restless. "I'm fine. I'm just a bit dizzy" he said and looked up at her. But then he fell sideways and landed on the floor with a heavy thump. "Skulduggery!" Shrieked Valkyrie has she kneeled over his unmoving body. "Call kenspeckle" ordered Ghastly to tanith who nodded and ran out of the room. "Skulduggery wake up!" Valkyrie cried while shaking his shoulders. But of course she didn't get a reaction and so she started to cry. "He's going to be fine" said Ghastly pulling her away as doctors and mages flooded into the room and rushed him to the medical bay. Ghastly brought Valkyrie into a warm hug and they just stayed there while Valkyrie calmed down.