kidnapped and the truth

It was dark and gloomy and it echoed with every step skulduggery took as he paced around his cell. "Would you give it a bloody rest!" Moaned vex. All the dead men had been captured and was now stuck in a cell together and they were getting restless. Ghastly, ravel, Saracen, vex and Anton were sat on the floor while skulduggery walked around like a mad man. "She's going to be fine!" Said Anton, standing up and putting a hand on his shoulder. "How do you know? She could be hurt or tied up all by herself! Why isn't she here? She's part of the dead men too!" Skulduggery said then roared in his horribly short temper. "WHERE IS SHE? I KNOW YOU HAVE HER! STOP HIDING AND BE A MAN!"

After a few moments a door opened and footsteps arose. A tall dark figure walked up to the cell. "Who the fuck do you think you are?" Asked skulduggery clutching the cell bars. The man laughed and walked into the light. "Hello gentlemen" said billy-ray sanguine in his thick American accent. "I bet y'all are wonderin' why you are here am I right?" He asked and laughed. "Your all here because I need information and I know you all have it" he said. "So I'm gonna get it out of ya!" The door opened and more footsteps and then two more figures appeared out of the darkness. One was a man dressed all in black. He was the one who had knocked skulduggery and Valkyrie out. The second one was a girl with a red dress that fell just above her knees. She was bear footed and had a black bag over her face. "Stick her in the chair" sanguine said. The man did as he was told and lead the girl to the chair which was in the middle of the room. "Uncover her face" said sanguine and stood to the side so the dead men could see her face.

The man in black pulled off the bag and there sat Valkyrie with tears in her eyes. "Val!" Exclaimed skulduggery. "You guessed it" clapped billy-ray as he skipped up behind her and took his straight razor from his pocket and held it to her throat. "Don't you fucking touch her" skulduggery said coldly. "DON'T YOU TOUCH HER!" He roared and tried to break the bars. "Not yet my friend. First you have to tell me where she is" sanguine said with a grin. "Where who is?" Asked Anton walking up beside skulduggery. Sanguine laughed "darquesse" he stated. "Val tell me where she is" he said. "I don't know"
"Don't lie Val! Tell me!"
"I don't know!"
"Do your friends know?"
"No"
"Why?" He asked. "Know what?" Asked Ghastly. "Oh Valkyrie I thought you were part of the dead men. There is no secrets in the group" sanguine said and tutted. "Please don't" Valkyrie whispered. "Don't what? Val what's going on?" Asked Anton. But Valkyrie shook her head franticly and sobbed. "Skulduggery do you know what he's on about?" asked ravel curiously. "Yes I do" he said.

Sanguine slapped Valkyrie and she cried up and fell to he floor. "Tell them!" Sanguine bellowed. "No. I cant! They'll hate me! Please just let them go" Valkyrie cried and stood up. Sanguine shook his index finger at her and turned to the dead men. "We won't hate you Valkyrie. We just need to know what's going on ok?" Asked vex calmly. "Val are you going to tell them or am I?" Asked sanguine. Valkyrie took a shaky breath and nodded. Billy-ray clapped his hands and stepped back. "Well, I need to tell you something but you can't interrupt me until I'm done ok?" She asked and they all nodded. "Fine. Well when I was fighting against serpine I was thrown into the book of names. The book opened in front of me and I managed to see my true name" she said and paused. She bunched up her fists and looked to the floor. Silent tears began to fall down her pale cheeks. "I know my true name. She talks to me. Every day she gets louder and louder and if I give in she'll take over and kill everyone. I'm am darquesse" Valkyrie said and fell to her knees covering her face with her hands.

After a few moments ravel burst forward. "What?" He asked and looked at skulduggery. "You knew this? YOU KNEW WHO WAS THE REASON OF THE WORLD ENDING AND YOU KEPT IT FROM US!" Roared Ghastly stepping backwards horrified. "It wasn't my secret to tell" skulduggery said quietly. "Well anyway why don't we let darquesse treat us with a visit?" Asked sanguine clapping his hands together. "No" cried Valkyrie as she looked up to him. "I can't control her" she whispered. "Do it or I fuckin kill ya" he said and grabbed her wrist. Let me out. I'm so bored and I just want a little fun. All I want to do is turn him inside out. I promise. Valkyrie shook her head. "You'll hurt my friends" Valkyrie said out loud. "I won't let you!" Skulduggery turned to her and spoke softly. "It's going to be ok Valkyrie. Don't let her take control. We are all going to get out of here." She looked at him and nodded slowly. "Aw how cute!" Said sanguine as he grabbed her by her upper arm and started punching her. Then he kicked her legs from under her and she fell hitting her head on the floor driving her unconscious.

After about an hour Valkyrie sat up off the floor and looked around to see the dead men looking down at her. "Val are you ok?" Asked skulduggery as he leant her a hand to help her up. She took it and stood up shakily. "Whats happening?" She asked while feeling quite confused. "Your stood in a cell with your fellow dead men" said skulduggery and took a step back to give her some space. "Where's billy-ray?" She asked while looking around the room. "He left after he dumped your unconscious body in here" he said and leaned against the wall. "What is wrong with you?" Vex whispered harshly. Valkyrie looked over to him and frowned. "How can you act so casual after just telling us about how you're the fucking world breaker!" Vex said louder this time. "Why don't I just kill you right now and then the world will be safe from darquesse once and for all" he said and took a step towards her. But before he could lay a finger on her skulduggery stood in the way. "Don't touch her" he said slowly and quietly. Vex threw a punch at skulduggery and skulduggery staggered back. He grumbled and jumped onto vex knocking him over. They started throwing punches at each other with vex on top and skulduggery under him.

"Stop!" Exclaimed Valkyrie getting in between them. "Please don't fight! You guys are friends and I don't like to see this, it's my fault. I'm sorry I didn't tell you that I was darquesse. Your my friends and I should have trusted you but I didn't because I only cared about myself. I don't want to hurt anyone. I want you to do what ever you can to prevent her from killing everyone! Lock me up and throw away the key or kill me! I don't care just please. I don't want you to fight or for me to hurt you. Take away my powers do what has to be done. I'm sorry" she said and began to cry.

The rest of the dead men looked down at the their youngest member and Ghastly crouched in front of her. "I'm so sorry you felt like that Val" he said softly and brought her into a warm hug. She rapped her arms around his neck and he tightened his grip but not to much to hurt her. "We are not going to do any of those things. We'll handle it if and when the time comes ok?" Asked vex asked he rubbed her back. "Yes" she whispered and looked up at him giving him a small smile.

After all was forgiven they heard a scream from outside and a door opening. Two figures walked in, one in front of the other. "Hey guys" said a familiar voice as Tanith Low stepped into the light with billy-ray in her arms with her sword to his throat. "Keys" she said and billy-ray glowered. Tanith dug the sword deeper into his neck. He reached into his pocket and threw the keys into the cell. Saracen picked them up and started unlocking the door. When the door was unlocked they stepped out and skulduggery came and punched sanguine square in the nose. "Don't mess with us again" said tanith and released him. Tanith came over to Valkyrie and rapped an arm around her shoulder and lead them out the door.