the vision

Valkyrie sat quietly in the Bentley as they drove down the road to where Cassandra lived. "Are you ok?" Skulduggery asked softly. "I'm not the person you should be asking. It's the people I killed you should be worrying about" she said quietly. "Val I..." He started but she cut him off. "No skulduggery! I killed 14 innocent people yesterday and I'm not in a cell for it. I wasn't strong enough. I let her in and take over. I'm.. I'm a murderer and should be taken away. What if in the vision I get worse and kill the whole whole world? I can't do this" she stated with tears in her eyes. The rest of the car ride was in silence.

When they arrived at the the house they got out and went to the door. "Hello detective's" Cassandra said when she opened the door. "Are you here to see if I've had a vision?" She asked and skulduggery nodded. "Very well. I did have one last night. If you'd like to follow me to the steam room" she said and led the way down to the room where you see the visions.

Skulduggery turned off the water when they couldn't see Cassandra anymore and watched the fog as it started to form shape into a ruined town. First of all ghastly ran past and ran over to a figure on the floor. It was tanith. He picked her up and she smiled softly. Then they both disappeared and skulduggery strolled into view. He picked up his hat and put it on and tilted it like he always did. Valkyrie then ran in after him and yelled something. She ran into him and pushed him out the way as she got shot and fell to the ground. Skulduggery looked over to where the bullet was fired to see darquesse grinning to herself. Then they disappeared and now it was all the dead men and darquesse. Skulduggery was yelling at her and she just laughed. Then skulduggery turned into vile and began to fight back.

But that was the end of it and the fog disappeared. Skulduggery looked over to Valkyrie who looked startled and scared. "I'm going to die?" She asked quietly and looked up at him. "It's not always true though" he said reaching out to her but she pulled away. "There was two of me. How? Did darquesse shoot my reflection?" She asked. Skulduggery shook his head "darquesse has a scratch on her arm. Just like it was when I thought it was you, but wasn't. Probably when she kidnapped you. Darquesse is in the reflection" he said. "So I do die" Valkyrie whispered and had tears in her eyes. Skulduggery wrapped an arm around her shoulder and rubbed her arm to comfort her. "I'm scared" she whispered and began to cry softly. Skulduggery moved so now he was kneeling in front of her "I will not let anything happen to you. Anyway you have to stay alive to stop vile. Promise?" He asked and held out his pinkie. Valkyrie rubbed her eyes giving him a small smile and hooked her pinkie with his "promise" she said.