it begins

Valkyrie sat on her bed in skulduggery's house. Alone. Skulduggery was out and she wasn't aloud to come. She sat there with her eyes closed shut and trying to block out the voices in her head. "Go away!" She whispered.
"Let me out Val. It's for your own good"
"Leave me alone"
"I will get out and when I do I will rule the world"
"I won't let you! Skulduggery will stop you"
"He is nothing compared to me"
"Go away"
"Never. I will win!" Valkyrie screamed in anger and covered her head with her hands and lay on the bed. She was so scared and didn't know what to do. "Let me help you relax" said the voice. Valkyrie took a deep breath and closed her eyes. "Good. Now let me take over for a while. Ok?" Valkyrie nodded and then she smiled.

Darquesse stood up and felt the power flow through her body. "Finally!" She said and stretched. She sweeped a hand in front of her and the wall disintegrated in front of her.  "To the sanctuary" she said and grinned to herself. She jumped out of the hole she had just made and flew up into the night air.

Skulduggery sat at the table listening to ravel drawl on about boring stuff when he heard a scream. "What the..." Ghastly muttered and stood up. The rest of the dead men followed as ghastly walked out into the corridor to see a female mage running towards them with a face of terror. "Elder bestoke!" She cried and run up to him "what is it?" He asked. "It's Valkyrie! She's gone crazy. She's killing mages" cried the mage and looked behind her to see darquesse striding down the corridor towards them. The mage ran past the dead men and around the corner screaming. Darquesse stopped about 20 steps away from the group of confused men and smiled. "Hello dead men" she said and giggled. Skulduggery walked to the front and crossed his arms "what do you think you're doing?" He asked coldly. Darquesse grinned, held out her hand pointing it to skulduggery's head. His body went rigid as pain shot through him and he grunted. Ghastly frowned "how are you..." He began to say but skulduggery answered his unfinished question. "That's not Valkyrie. That's darquesse" he said as he straighted up again and darquesse put her arm down. "That's why you my favourite toy. You so smart!" She said and clapped her hands. "Let Valkyrie go! It's not your time yet!" Skulduggery said and darquesse pouted "come on! I'm so bored and I wanna play. Please?" She asked in a tolder like voice. Skulduggery shook his head "don't make me do something I don't want to do" he said quietly. She huffed and then began to fall to the floor but skulduggery rushed and caught her.

Valkyrie coughed and winced as she opened her eyes to the bright lights of the corridor. "How did I get here?" She asked and realised she was in skulduggery arms. "Skul?" She asked and skulduggery sighed and placed her down. "Valkyrie..." He started but Valkyrie eyes widened and she staggered to the wall. She whimpered and put her hands to her mouth. She shook her head and ran down the corridor to the foyer to see a sea of dead bodies.

Skulduggery and the rest of the dead men caught up with her and they all looked around. "I'm a murderer!" She cried and turned to her friends. She backed away from them slowly and then bolted out of the sanctuary. "She can do this?" Asked Dexter and skulduggery nodded slowly. "I'm going to go and find her" skulduggery said and ran through the the corpse's and out of the sanctuary. "We have to do something" Anton said and they all nodded.