ninety four - unpromissing

The streets were dark. It was a cloudy day and the absence of sun was cool and windy. Both boys walked side by side towards the inner city in hopes they'd catch a bus out of town as quickly as possible.

Josh was in the system. For everything - abuse and theft and suicide attempts. If they caught him, he'd be going away for a long time.

"Josh, stop."
"No, come on, we can stop a little later."

Tyler put his foot down and stomped, angry.

"NO!"

Josh's eyes widened and he stopped. "What?"

"You heard me, I said no. I'm done. We can't just run away from all of our problems."

Josh bit his lip and forced himself to hold back his anger.

"I need some answers, man. You can't expect me to run away with you without knowing what the hell you're planning to do?!"

Josh was ready to explode yet remained calm.

"I remember seeing Nixon. Could you tell me what the fuck your best friend was doing kidnapping me in the middle of the fucking night?"

"Tyler, I don't know, okay! I didn't do anything."

"Then where are we going? Why is it so urgent for us to disappear?"

"TYLER!!" Josh grabbed his collar and pulled him close, pushing him into a brick wall. He raised his arm and pulled down his sleeve, showing dark bruises that formed around his wrist.

"You know what that is?"

Tyler shook his head. The memories he had resembled nightmares more than anything.

"It's the bruises from your fucking hands when you forced me to give you a fucking hand job."

Tyler laughed. "That didn't happen. You're fucking insane."

Josh grabbed his hand and placed it on the mark: it was an identical match.

Tyler nearly fainted and couldn't believe nor even understand what wad happening.

"Josh, what the hell happened?"