fifty - blood still stains

Tyler witnessed it with his own eyes, it all happened so fast, the brief interruption between Josh jumping and Tyler yelling, rushing to the edge. When he looked over, he saw the water rushing around and Josh's body was submerged underneath it all, invisible to the naked eye.

Tyler didn't care, it didn't stop him because he too jumped in after Josh, in the intention to hold him one last time since he, unfortunately, did not know how to swim. When he hit the water, his body was shocked by the cold and the pressure was too strong and it devoured him, forcing him under. 

Tyler was cold and sore but he pulled through it and opened his eyes, that's when he saw it: Josh's immobilised body floating peacefully in the water. The sound of his broken heart was overridden by the panic he consumed and he dove towards him. The second their skin touched it was like fire and all Tyler could do was hold on to him. He held on tightly and closed his eyes hoping for the best as the water devoured both boys. Tyler looked up one last time and reached for the stars in his mind but physically, there was no way he could move because he didn't know how to swim. 

The simplest act that could save their lives, he was immune to and now he just closed his eyes and pressed his head against Josh's chest. He could hear it, he could hear the small desperate beats.

ba-bump, ba-bump, ba-bump.