forty two - in the wind

Tyler's lost all control now. He doesn't know what's inside of him, it's dark and it's violent. It's very quiet yet it's screaming in his ears. It forced him to do things and he can't forgive himself for what he's done or what's he's doing. He can feel it burn inside of him. Yet, there's a still a part of him that insists on going back to the swings. So, he slips on his mask and goes.

It seems forever before Josh fianlly sits down on the swing. He's lost a lot of blood and he's dizzy and his broken bones and arms are killing him. He's still praying that after all of this, the boy in the white mask will show. And he does, he can see the shadow walk towards him and he stops, a foot away from him in pure horror.

"Josh!? What the hell happened?"

Josh chuckles and lifts up his head.

"My parents. They don't like me very much. I thought, maybe, since I'm going to die, I might as well go down swinging."

"Oh my God, Josh."

Tyler's hands are on Josh's face faster than he can process. He's caressing the wounds and observing his arm and shoulder. Then he catches a glimpse at his wrist.

"You need to go to a hospital, Josh."

"No. I'm fine."

"I'm taking you there and I won't leave your side, I promise."

"O-okay, then."

Josh lets Tyler help him up and they're both walking, Tyler's arm is wrapped around Josh's waist to help him up and Josh is holding on to Tyler's shoulders and neck.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Josh, I care about you. Despite what fucking happened, that doesn't change the fact that I lo- Josh?!"

Before Tyler has a chance to finish his sentence, Josh collapsed in his arms and lost consciousness.

"Shit! Josh!"

Tyler scooped him up bridal style and ignored the burning his cuts gave as Josh's body laid against them. He continued to walk, hoping he'd reach a hospital desperately soon.