forty three - sun's piece of mind

Josh laid silently on the hospital bed beside Tyler, he's covered in bandages and the doctors found countless fractures and broken bones that have gone untreated for a long time. Tyler's worried, he's sitting beside him waiting for him to wake up. Finally, Josh's eyes flutter open.

"Josh? Relax, alright? You're in the hospital. You're okay."

"What happened?"

"Basically, your shitty parents beat the shit out of you and then you collapsed on our way here. So, I carried you about six blocks. Quite a workout but I ain't complaining."

"Wait, you carried me for six blocks?!"

"Yup."

"Holy shit."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, it's just, no one's ever done something like that for me before. I'm shocked is all..."

Tyler chuckled then Josh tilted his head, sitting up.

"Will you take off the mask? Please."

"Josh-"

"Please, I want to see your face as a whole. Your eyes are bright and your lips are delicious but I need to see you. Please, if not just tell me your name."

"I can't."

"Why?"

"Because."

"Come on, I mean you've kinda already have got me head over heels for you. So, why won't let me see you? Or at least, know your name."

"Josh."

"Please."

"I have to go."

"No, stay. Please, I've got nobody else."

"Josh-"

"Please."

Josh tries to get up but Tyler hurries by his side to push him back down.

"Don't move. You'll hurt yourself."

"Then come here."

Tyler scooches closer to Josh and he pulls him down for a kiss. A passionate and sweet loving kiss. When they break apart, Tyler's forhead leans on Josh's and he can feel his hand behind his neck. Josh's fingers tug at the hem of the white mask and attempts to pull it off. When Tyler's neck is exposed, Josh leans in to kiss his neck. The sensation of Josh's lips against Tyler's neck makes him shiver and he tilts his head back, closing his eyes. When Josh begins to suck gently and nibbles at his Adam's apple, Tyler lets out a moan, biting his lip. Josh is pulling the mask up, almost exposing his jaw before Tyler jumps up.

"No, I-"

"Please."

"I can't, you can't."

"Why?"

"Because I fucking love you, Josh."

Tyler's eyes are watering and he's running out the door and throwing himself on the cement in front of the hospital doors. Both his knees shoot a pain through his body as they crack but he doesn't care.