thirty six - clouds of my breath

Connor is slamming Josh against a locker and his fiery eyes are only inches away. They're alone in the hall and Josh would be lying if he said he wasn't terrified right now.

"What'd you just say, faggot boy?"

Josh swallowed hard as he tried to find the words.

"I said-"

Connor tightened his grip around the collar of Josh's shirt and pushed his arm deeper in the crease of his neck. Before he had the chance to speak, Connor noticed Tyler heading their way.

"Tyler! Get over here!"

Tyler lifted his head and went to see Connor.

"Give me your pocket knife."

Tyler looked at him in both fear and confusion.

"Now, or you're next you fucking bitch."

Tyler was shaking and simply obeyed, handing Connor his pocket knife. Connor grabbed it and lifted up Josh's sleeve, revealing bruises and cuts.

"Fucking pathetic, look at yourself. Did your mommy and daddy do this to you? What's a few more?"

Connor was hovering the knife over Josh's skin when Tyler flipped, shoving his hand out to grip Connor's wrist.

"Fucking let go, Tyler."

He didn't let go.

"I said, let go!"

Tyler was still gripping, simply tighter. Connor lets go of Josh and tackled Tyler to the ground, digging the knife in his skin.

"Why the fuck shouldn't I kill you right here?"

Josh looked in fear then ran, ran as fast as he could and as far as he could. He left school and just ran without looking back while Tyler remained in Connor's hands, desperately wondering when his life would end.