nine - don't you ever hang your head

Josh sits in class. He can't get that smile out of his head. No matter how hard he tries to focus on whatever the fuck his teacher was talking about, shapes and angles, and wait, no this is French class, anyway, he can't get that boy out of his mind.

The way his hand waved him goodbye and the way his brown eyes shined and his lips, the way he smiled and that little laugh. Josh can't help but daydream. He's excited to go back to that swing set and see that boy again. 

The bell rang and Josh walked down the busy hallway. His head is in the clouds and he doesn't notice the leg that's put in front of him, tripping him. Laughter rang in his ears when he dropped his books and hit the ground. He turned back to catch the group of boys that despised him.

"Watch where you're going, faggot!"

Josh rushes to pick up his papers and walks away, cheeks red when he realizes everyone around him is laughing. He reaches his locker and opens it, throwing his books in. He can't wait for the day to be over. Next period is...gym. Josh fucking hates it to death, not that he's out of shape or that he hates sports, just that he always has to keep his sweater on. 

He sweats so much, he almost passes out every class. No one questions him because nobody cares, but everyone judges and he can't stand this anymore.