forty five - knock me down

Josh was skipping class. He didn't have the energy nor the mindset for learning. His exam was in a few days and he still didn't have a review. The halls were quiet. Everyone was either in study hall or in exams. Tyler wasn't taking a lot of classes, so he too was wondering the halls. When Josh saw him, he froze.

Not this, not again. Josh turned around and walked away, distancing himself from Tyler. When he saw the boy start following him, he upped his speed and started running, panicking as Tyler followed. Josh left the building, making his way behind the school, hiding out. Everything was quiet for a bit while Josh took this moment to catch his breath.

It all happened so fast, Tyler turning the corner and running to him, pinning him against the brick wall and Josh not breathing having a panic attack.

"No, no, no! Please, I'll uh, I'll do anything."

Josh's eyes watering and he couldn't see clearly and he didn't want to get hurt again. He didn't know what to do and he was trying his best to stay strong but inside he was falling apart. Tyler's heart was breaking at the sound of Josh's pleas, he wans't here to hurt him and that being the first thing Josh thought of, ate him up.

Tyler took a deep breath and his eyes were fixed on Josh's red face that was streaked with tears while he shook in Tyler's grip. Tyler closed his eyes and leaned in, putting his lips on Josh's trembling ones. It was a second before Josh could realize what was happening but then he recognized it. He had the taste, the feeling, the texture even the movements of Tyler's lips and tongue memorized. When they broke apart, Josh opened his eyes and held a shocked look.

"Tyler?"

Tyler gasped and freaked, running as fast as he could. He just ran, like he always did. That's all he knew, that's all he's ever known.