ten - feeling empty

Josh is standing in the locker room, everyone has already gone out to run their laps. He can't breathe, he's going to suffocate. He pulls off his sweater and throws it in his locker then runs back out to meet the rest of his class. His bruises are faded, and the cuts aren't bleeding. 

When class is over, he goes back inside to retreat his sweater, he feels so expose, it makes him sick and anxious. Self-conscious even. When he opens the metal locker, it's empty. Josh panics, his breaths are uneven and he doesn't know what to do. He looks around and the locker room is emptying. When the last person shuts the door behind them, he sits down and holds his head in his hand. He's in a towel, all his clothes are missing and he blames himself, he knew he shouldn't have taken off his sweater, the bad luck's just begun.

Think, Josh, think!

"Looking for this?"

The group of boys walked inside, locking the door behind them and they hold up Josh's clothes. They laugh together before throwing everything back to him, in exception of his sweater.

"Give that back!"

They laugh, but Josh is shaking and he's trying to hide his arms and his chest and hold up his towel simultaneously but it all seems impossible. Josh sees the skinny boy standing by their side, he's not laughing yet he's not interrupting.

"Come on, guys. Give that back!"

Connor walks towards the toilet, shoving it down till it's soaked then throws it into the trash can. Mark, James and that skinny kid are just watching him.

"Here, now you can finally be yourself."

He laughs and the rest join him, in exception of the skinny boy in the black hoodie, of course,  then they're leaving. Josh quickly changes and then runs to the garbage can to retrieve his sweater. The only one he had was now ruined. He was worried, how the fuck was he suppose to shield himself now? He sighed and picked it up, intending to bring it home and wash it. He quickly changed his mind when he noticed it smelled like piss and was covered in yogurt and a banana peel.

He left it there and walked back home in his t-shirt, feeling disgusting and ashamed of himself. His parents would be so pissed, so fucking pissed.