twenty nine - giggle at a funeral

The countless fantasies he's had. Oh God, Josh always dreams of what it'd be like to leave. He thinks of his funeral, surely no one would show but that's okay. He ponders of what his family will do. It's terrifying. They seemed happy and relieved. That's just motivation through Josh's eyes.

Connor, Mark, and James are beating him up behind the dumpster of the school. Josh barely notices between kicks and punches that the skinny boy isn't there. He doesn't take much consideration to it, it's only temporary relief since that's one less body to hurt him. When they're finally done, Josh wants to scream in joy and pray to the Lord but, instead, just ends up watching them leave. He's covered in blood and his arms are black from bruises but he deserves this doesn't he?

That night, he decided to head to the swings. He doesn't know why but he just needs that little sense of freedom and security. When he sits down, he exhales a large breath and wonders if the boy in the white mask will show. It's been hours and there's still no sign of him, so, Josh gets up to leave. When he's reaches his bike, he hears footsteps and lifts his head to catch the boy a few feet away from him.

"Hey."

Josh feels like shit but just the sight of him made him temporarily forget all of his problems.

"Sorry, about a few nights ago. I uh, I wasn't expecting you to come. I mean, you were in school and anyway, yeah, I'm sorry."

Josh can't lie, he can't say he's thankful.

"Oh, and don't mind my face or whatever, it's just these guys haha, anyway, it's fine don't worry about it."

Tyler looks up to see Josh's face in details. He sees the bruises and the cuts and the blood. But, somehow Tyler lost all focus when he glanced at Josh's lips. They weren't swollen or cut or anything. It was the only part of his face that seemed to be intact.

"I, uh, I should probably go now. Bye."

Josh is about to get on his bike when Tyler throws his hands up to grip Josh's face and then he's crashing his lips onto Josh's. His eyes are closed and all he can feel is the soft breaths from Josh and their lips entangled together. When he pulls away, Josh is staring at him, shocked.

Tyler panics and run, why did he do that? He runs and runs, till he reaches his home and then he's hiding underneath his covers and curses himself, why did he do that? Worst, why did he enjoy that?