Allegiance - #24

You heard the infamous screeching cackle of Bellatrix Lestrange as you sat silently in the dark dungeon of the Malfoy family manor. You were curled up in a tight ball, burying your tear stained face in your arms that hugged your knees up to your chest.
A Death Eater had taken you from the safety of your house. The last thing you saw was your mother running into your room as you tried to reach out for her. When you arrived at the dark house, you knew exactly where you were. You had been here on more than one occasion. This was the house of your boyfriend.

You had been hearing the loud thumps of multiple pared of feet overhead throughout your time sat in the dingy corner. That was until all movement seemed to stop aside from the soft patter of one person. You tried your hardest to listen to what anyone was saying.
There was a large group of people discussing something but you couldn't make out what they were saying. Suddenly, a fat, ratlike man came fumbling down the stone steps and into the dungeon. "Come on Miss (Y/L/N). Get yourself up." He summoned, tottering towards your small body.
You looked up at him fearfully, not that you thought he could hurt you, but worrying what would be up the cold, grey steps.
You didn't move. You felt like you couldn't. Fear had taken over your body, fixing you to the ground. "I said get up!" He shouted forcefully, lurching down to grab your arm and pull you up. His hands were fat and had nails like small claws that were unkept and grubby. The rotund man looked like an animal.

Standing up, you were then dragged unwillingly up the stairs and into the dimly lit main room of the Malfoy home. The centre of the room held a long table with each chair taken. Every pair of eyes in the room turned to look in your direction. The majority of attendees gave you deadly glares or looks of disgust. Three looks were different however, and these people caught your attention instantly. The first was your old Professor, Severus Snape, who's eyes widened slightly in shock but instantly masked it so no one would see him. Behind his deadpan look you could see a glimmer of sorrow in him. The next person you saw was Narcissa. She looked at you, then to her husband, then to the end of the table and back to you once more. Draco's mother had always liked you. She said you were like a daughter to her. Her eyes reflected the shock a mother would have if their own child had been held at wand point. The last person you noticed was Draco himself. The boy was in the verge of tears and could barely look your way.

Your concentration was soon pulled away from him as you heard Snape make a comment. "My lord. If I may ask. Why- is this girl here?" He enquired looking to the end of the table.
Your eyes followed his and that's when it saw him. His bald head, talon like fingers, slitted nostrils but absence of nose. It was Voldemort. "A good question Severus. And one I'm going to clarify for you now." He spoke, standing up slowly. "Lucius informed me that Draco had a friend. A very close friend in fact. One he would die for. And that got me thinking. Was his allegiance with someone other than me?" He made his way swiftly to Draco, placing a hand on his shoulder as your boyfriend panicked slowly. His face was distraught.
"Draco. Come with me." He hissed softly, encouraging Draco's shaking body to stand up and follow Voldemort over to you.

You were sat on the floor on your knees, almost as though you were begging to be saved. You didn't let any tears form, trying to act strong and fearless. "Why? How? Why is she here?" Draco murmured, looking at you sorrowfully.
"Young Draco. I need to be sure I can trust you. I need to know exactly were your allegiances lies." Voldemort snarled looking at your boyfriends quivering lip. "Crucio" Voldemort pointed his wand at you, sending bolts of pain through you. You didn't scream. Your forced yourself not to scream. You bit your lowers lip, not wanting him to feel like he was winning. But as you lead on the floor on your side, clutching your stomach, a small tear began to roll down your face.
Your eyes were squeezed shut and your lip began to bleed as you the pain coursed through you once more.
As it stopped you heard Voldemort's voice once again. "Your turn Draco." He whispered. Nothing happened for a moment as you still kept your eyes closed, willing the tears to stop. "Do it Draco. Or it won't just be (Y/N) suffering tonight. Your parents are here to." You heard.
Draco began to breath heavier and you could tell he didn't know what to do. Either way, you were going to get hurt. "Do it." You whispered, reassuring Draco that you would be okay.
It took a few seconds before a small burst of pain was felt through your body. Draco didn't want to hurt you but he had to.

When you finally open your eyes, everything was hazy. It was as though a grey mist had fallen over your eyes, but as it began to clear up you could see what was happening. Draco was in floods of tears, crouched beside you, holding his wand in his hand. Voldemort was stood behind him, his wand pointing at the back of Draco's head. "Now kill her." Voldemort demanded. "Don't be a coward, Draco. Kill her." He screamed.
Draco looked at you with hurt and love in his eyes. He shook his head, gazing down at your shaking body.
"What?" Voldemort questioned.
Draco took a deep breath and looked down at his wand angrily. "No!" He simply stated. "I'm not doing it." He confirmed standing up to shield you.
You suddenly heard a faint murmur from the other side of the room. "Draco. Is she really worth it?" You heard his father ask.
Draco said nothing but continued to stand his ground. "Very well Master Malfoy. Avada Keda-" Voldemort began until you saw a beam of light from the other side of the room and a spell being cast "Stupefy." The voice shouted as it hit Voldemort in his back and rendered him unconscious.

Everyone seemed to be stunned as the person who cast the spell ran over hastily and squatted beside you. She grabbed yours and Draco's hands. Before you knew it you were in a forest. You didn't know where. In fact you didn't care where. You were away from Voldemort and the majority of the Death Eaters. That was good enough.
Draco sat on the leaf covered ground and pulled you onto his lap. "I'm so sorry (Y/N). I'm so sorry." He apologised, regret lacing every word.
The lady brushed the hair out of your eyes and behind your ear. The grey missed that fogged up your eyes had passed and you could clearly see the beautiful woman in front of you. Narcissa. "Thank you." You spoke in a raspy voice. A small smile crept onto her face as she nodded.
"We need to move. I know where we can go to be safe but you will both have to trust me." She looked seriously at the two of you cuddled in each others arms.
You both nodded holding her hands once more and apparating to a small house.

"Took you long enough." A stern voice spoke, but relief was evident in what he said.
You saw Snape looking down at the three of you happily. "We'll need (Y/N) to get some rest. They are all out looking for the three of you so the sooner you are well, the better." He told you all in his no nonsense voice.

Draco took you up the stairs of Snapes house and into a small spare bedroom. Placing you on the bed he began to speak again, holding you hand lovingly. "(Y/N). I'm honestly so sorry. I didn't want to hurt you. But he was going to kill you. I didn't know what to do. Then he threatened my family. I'm just so sorry." He over apologised again.
You shushed him. "Draco. It's fine. You did what you needed to do to keep us both alive. And it's not like you killed me." You reassured, slowly bringing his hand up and placing a kiss on it.
"I love you so much." He whispered with small tears in his eyes.
"I love you too." You replied as he kissed your forehead sweetly, letting you get some rest.