#14

Eren's Pov:

After visiting Bertholdt from the hospital again,me and Mina along with the others went our separate ways.

I was walking in the dark and I admit it started getting colder over the pass few days. I gripped onto my jacket tighter and breathed out noticed the foggy air appearing from my mouth.

It wasn't long till I heard frantic screaming and looked seeing what appears to be a limo broken down and four people outside.

One man which I didn't know was screaming on his phone saying that they have to be somewhere at the exact time for something important,another guy was wearing an expensive tux and was on his phone,another guy which appeared to be the limo driver was examining the limo and the other seemed familiar.

She was small,had long black hair and as the wind blew she turned towards me probably not wanting to get the wind in her face as my eyes widened.

"M-Mikasa" I said but I was too far for her to hear me so I went up closer to her. "Mikasa?" I said once again as she looked up at me and seemed really surprised.

"E...Eren?" She spoke as I gave a small smile to hear her say my name again as well as hear that lovely voice.

"What are you doing here?" She asked curiously. "I'm walking home" I said as I examined the limo.

"What's going on here?"

"Flat tire" she said as the unfamiliar person was still screaming in the phone. "We were on our way to some sort of fancy restaurant in which I'll be on a tour modeling designs around the world" she said as I frowned.

"You were gonna leave and not even tell me?" I said as she looked away. "Mikasa answer me" I said grabbing onto her arm as she snatched her arm back.

"N-No"

"Mikasa is this guy bothering you" the man with the expensive suit said making his way over to us. "No I'm fine" Mikasa said after moments of silence.

"You sure? I could always hire you some bodyguards" "No sorry I don't need any thanks Mr-" "nope we say the other word remember?" He said as Mikasa looked kind of uneasy.

"Y-Yes...dad" she said mumbling the last part even though I still heard. "Good girl" he said patting her head and went over to the other man and snatched the phone out of his hand and started to talk on the phone.

"Do you really like this new you Mikasa?" I said as Mikasa looked up at me with a concern expression. "Of course I do"

"Mikasa do you really want to go on tour and model? I know you hate showing your faces to cameras but-"

"Yes Eren I'm really sure I want to do this!" She said clutching her hands into fists.

"Your really gonna leave your friends behind just to be a somebody!?"

"You don't understand! Back at school when I wore strange clothes,got teased,bullied,lied to and everything was because I was a nobody and everyone hated me! But now that I'm a somebody everyone loves me!"

"Mikasa...Mina,Bertholdt,Marco and me we all loved who you was before we don't like this new you!"

"I don't care because there are many other people in this world that do love me!"

"Well if that's the case than I can't love you anymore!"

We both stood there in silence as we both blushed. "Y-You love me?" Mikasa said. "I always have...but this isn't gonna work out if you want to be somebody else" I said.

"Then I guess that's how its gonna be" Mikasa said as I felt my heart ache. The only girl I loved ever in my life wants to leave me even though she now knows that I love her.

"Alright Mikasa tires fix let's hit the road" The man said as Mikasa nodded and walked his direction until I gripped onto her wrist.

"D-Do you really want to do this?" I said choking on my words feeling as if I was on the verge of crying. I went to her and wrapped my arms around her small waist and laid my head on her shoulder.

"I don't want you...t-to leave my side again" I spoke as Mikasa did nothing but shake me off of her and turned over to me and placed a soft peck on my cheek.

"I'm sorry Eren but I don't want to go back" she said and entered the limo and before I knew it,the limo drove off and out of my sight.

I heard a small sound of thunder and right then and there it started to rain very hard. Just great.

I began to walk again until I decided to stop for a break and sat outside on a bench that laid under some shelter so I wouldn't get wet.

Questions were still going into my head like who was the guy that told her to call him dad? Why is Mikasa acting very differently? And why doesn't she want to be who she really is?

"Hello there are you ok?" Said a voice as I looked seeing a guy I wasn't very familiar with.

"Um yea I'm alright" I said as the guy came and sat down next to me. It would of been rude of me not to answer so I had no choice but to say I was fine even though what had happened a few minutes ago didn't make me feel better.

"Here I saw you out here alone and thought you might needed this" the man said and handed me a cup of coffee.

"Oh thank you sir"

"No problem" he said as I started to drink my cup of coffee. It was freezing out here with windy winds and heavy cold drops of rain and this coffee is just what I needed.

"So whatcha doing out here all alone little one?" He asked me. "I was just walking home it isn't far from here" I said.

"Even if that I wouldn't kind give you a ride home. Your a kid and the streets out here can be quite dangerous so I wouldn't mind giving you a ride but I won't force you if you don't want to" he said as I gave a small smile.

"I actually wouldn't mind the ride thank you" I said as I felt my phone vibrated and saw that it was a text from Armin as I responded back.

Before I could put my phone up I felt the guy's hand grip onto my wrist.

"Um are you alright?" I asked as he stared at my phone. There was games on here so I was pretty sure he wanted to play one but he seemed more deep into it.

"That picture" he said sliding my phone to a slide where there was no apps as the screensaver was a picture of me,Marco,Annie,Bertholdt,Armin, Mina and Mikasa.

I actually forgot where we took this picture and the last place I remember all of us being together was at the beach.

"That person right there" he said pointing right at Mikasa. "Who's that?"

At this point I'm not even sure I want to say if Mikasa was my girlfriend or an ex best friend of mine because of everything that happens between us but after what had happened I still consider her a good friend of mine.

"That's one of my best friends" I said as he examined her carefully as if Mikasa was some puzzle he was trying to solve. "Is everything alright?" I asked.

"Well you see...me and my wife loved each other to death but ever since we had a baby girl things went wrong and things didn't seem to get better. I thought we could keep trying but my wife didn't want to keep going through the streak of bad luck so she took our baby girl with her and I haven't heard from them in a while"

"What are you trying to say?" I asked confused. "This girl looks just like my daughter back when I saw her at the age of five" he said with a small smile on his face.

"By any chance Mr is that why your here?" I said as he nodded. "Yea I've been trying to track them down for years and this was the place that I heard my wife moved into two years ago and I keep searching" he said.

"My friend that you think looks like your daughter...her name is Mikasa Ackerman and as a friend I'm pretty close to her" I admitted as I saw that the man had tears already sliding down his face.

"What's wrong?"

"Mikasa Ackerman...she's my daughter that I have been searching for,for thirteen years"