Chapter 34

The ball was beautiful. Girls were dressed in their best as well as guys. Lined in their role numbers  partners showed up handed in hand and it was the most organized and brilliant thing I have ever seen. Josef being my partner has been walking next to me the whole time and holding my arm like I am suddenly going to sprint.

For the rest everything was calm and everyone was alert. After we decide to fight we let in some more people who would help us without hesitation someone like Colby and Aries. They both agreed to keep it quite, but made it quite sure that they had our backs.

The plan was set. I would obviously be their target and we have to make look seem easy for them to jump in underestimating us. Josef will be with me most of the time seeing that he is my partner. The rest of them are left to watch from afar and work on not being noticed. We also have Aries and Colby who volunteered as chaperones so it will make it easier for them to look around without being suspected. Everyone was in place, earpieces intact and ready to go.

"Girls move to the right side of the ballroom while the guys go to the left. The first and last dance is going to be with your partner while for the rest you can either sit it out or exchange partners. Remember you're being graded and is essential to know proper manners for your future spying self, but hope you have fun doing it." Ms. Marks said with a bright smile and left to got up on the stage so she can see us better.

The music started and I felt Josef's hands move to my hips. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. We stood their for a second as I let myself absorb the music.

"You ready?" Josef asked and I nodded.

He took on of my hands and I placed the other around his neck. The navy blue backless ball gown I was wearing was not meant for dancing but some what we made it work.

The song ended and the guys bowed while the gals curtsy. The staff and the chaperones clapped around us and I couldn't keep the goofy look of my face.

Hand in hand Josef and I left the centre stage to sit on the benches, but soon a girl in our grade came with a flushed cheeks to ask Josef to dance. This was what we were waiting for, but Josef didn't want to leave. I had to make him giving him a reassuring look. This after all was the window we were offering.

"May I have this dance me lady?" I heard from behind me and I heard to look at Matt in a suit very well dress.

"Who do we have here?" I said a smirk on my face. I turned to face him and punched his shoulder. "Where have you been all this time?"

"Busy. But I told you to safe a dance for me hope you did?" He said like a question not sure.

"Of course. Come on." I pulled him on the dance floor and the music turned to an upbeat tango. Matt placed his hands on my hips moving it to the beat, but his hands feels cold on on my body.

Our moves were sync to the rest of the student population and I couldn't help but feel the excitement. I was twirled and swinged and all the moves I never thought I would be doing.

I was laughing the whole time and Matt was well smirking. It would have been considered a beautiful moment except I kept thinking of a certain guy. A guy that I shouldn't have been thinking about. And in that moment I remember that I had now lost our window of opportunity.

My smile fell and left Matt's grip.

"What's wrong? Do you need some fresh air or something?" I nodded. I could use some fresh air.

Matt held my hand and began breaking through the sea of people, but before we could reach the door I was swinged and span by a guy wearing a mask. I could hear Matt calling my name but I couldn't care less about that right now. The mysterious guy pulled me closer. I held my breath not to disturb the moment.