Chapter 27

The return to reality was nothing like I expected. The good news is no body else has been hurt and the bad news is whoever is doing this is in this school. I already knew the latter from my little eaves dropping at Watson's office.

Now I was undergoing several test Greg had set up for me. If his medication works I would be up and walking in two weeks, but he like to keep me another week for more tests. A week has already passed and my wound is almost healed. I was lucky the knife didn't go through any major nerves or organs it was a clean wound and Greg's treatment was working wonderfully.

I had fluids running in my body and Chloe has been here to feed me every morning, afternoon and evening. They told me a guard was posted on my door at every hour and I get frequent visitors like Mr. Watson, Aries, Edumun, Chloe and sometimes Rwanda.

Josef never came back after the first time I saw him when I opened my eyes. They told me Duke stopped by once when I was asleep but never showed up again. They both were rarely seen in campus and that was awfully suspicious or was they both very mad at me at how I ended my friendship with them. I couldn't decide.

My other friends Kia, Kelly and Matt were banded from seeing me until they had an alibi, a proof they weren't the one who did this to me. I guess I am suppose to not trust anyone.

The ball had been cancelled because of the recent accident again which was me.

The thing is, the things I stated above only occupy a little space in my head because the biggest nagging comes from the person that stabbed himself. I knew him and he clearly knew me and he was my age. If it was Christopher he should be old, shouldn't he?

"Everything is going ok. Do you feel any pain in your stomach as in now?" Greg asked.

"No but the wound is pretty itchy."

"I will subscribe something for you." He said with a smile and wrote something in my chart.

"Thanks. Greg did you really operate on me?"

"Well I didn't do much. Your wound was suddenly open and there was a lot of bleeding, but no major injuries so you were fine."

"How long have you been a doctor? You told me yourself that our age isn't that far apart."

"I am twenty-three so six years ago. I started working in small clinic at first because no one trusted a seventeen year old to take care of them. As time goes I wanted to do something more productive so I joined the military. Five years ago I was recruited by the intelligence bureau and here I am."

"Wow you're like super doctor. They should make a marvel movie out of you." He chuckled and looked at me attentively.

"I don't get how you're in a good mood after what happened to you. Normal person would be traumatized."

"I am not a normal person then."

"You are the strongest patient I had ever had and considering what I have seen in battles that is one huge compliment."

"What about Chloe? How was she?"

"She was another world she was crazy." Greg said and I laughed.

"I heard that. It's rude to talk about people behind there back." Chloe's voice came from the door.

"Hey Clo." My smile brightness as I see her. Edumun and her have been my rock for the past few days and I don't know what I did to deserve them. "He meant no harm."

"He sure didn't." She said sarcastically. "Did I tell you the time that Dr. Simmons spilled his hot coffee all over me then knocked over all his tools trying to clean it up. It was a mess around here. He is such a clutz he shouldn't be a doctor."

"Clo that was mean."

"It was one time. You screamed at me for a whole hour and a half." Greg defended himself.

"Well if someone hadn't spilt their coffee all over me..."

"I said I was sorry."

"Guys stop fighting or you will give me headache. But you could do it when I am not here because you look like an old and cute married couple. Just not when I am here." I finished with a warning. They both looked at each other clearly not liking the situation.

"Fine." They said and I rest my head on the pillow.

"So what are we having for lunch?"

After the accident or attempted murder we three have started eating together. Chloe and I because she was the one who hand fed me for the first few days and Greg because he usually eats alone and I particularly wanted him not to feel alone.

"Dr. Simmons here wants you to eat healthy so I brought salad..."

"I told you. You could call me Greg."

"..., but a girl needs some fats too so I grabbed some turkey slices and left over bacon from breakfast. The chef has been generous and gave me extra when I told him it was for you."

"Thank you. You are totally saving me from the shitty health crap they give here and bacon sounds amazing."

"Hey hey hey she bribed a chef for that and what's wrong with the food they serve here? I eat it everyday." Greg said.

"I can understand now why you are like the way you are." Chloe said and I hit her on the arm.

"Sorry Greg that you had to endure the food here but it truly tastes like crap. Here have some bacon."

"I am a vegan."

"Here you can have my salad I am pretty sure it tastes better than the thing in here anyway." Chloe said passing him the salad that was meant for her.

"Thanks." He looked surprised for a secind but dig in.

"So how is everything going on in the outside world." I said stuffing myself.

"They have doubled the security. That much I know and new surveillance team just arrive this morning. The dudes are super hot you are so missing out. Kelly and Kia said they will be visiting soon. Matt doesn't hang out with us anymore so I don't know if he is in the clear yet. Edumun said he will come later at night."

"Uhm this salad is delicious." Greg moaned interrupting us.

"Nothing else?" I asked.

"Well there are rumours of new recruits but I sure they are just rumours. When will you be out?"

"Ask Dr. Simms over here. I keep telling him I am good..." I didn't get to finish my words.

A sudden pain took over my head. It was too pain full to be a headache.

"Emily what's wrong?" Greg's voice came from beside me. I couldn't even reply to him.

Then it just stopped as soon as it appeared.

See you soon sister.

There can only be one person who will ever call me that.

That means...Rachel is coming here.