Chapter 2

At the dinning table that night Rose and Henry were having there usual conversation, which never actually includes me, when we all heard a sudden knock at the door. It was unusual for anybody to be asking for the "Houston's" at this late hour.

"I will get it." Rose said standing up to get the door. I could tell she was curious as much as she was anxious when she hesitated to open the door for few seconds.

"Ma'am..." The guy at the door said just before he got the door shut on his face. I have never seen Rose so shocked. She backed away immediately and Henry was there to comfort her.

I was shocked at having her shut the door that rudely at anyone and now more shocked to see such distress in Rose's smiling face.

"They are here." She whispered to Henry, the words not meant for my ears.

There was that knocking again. Curious, I went to the door and opened it before I heard Rose's faint 'NO' in the air.

There was a guy in a dark suit standing before me. He had a light tan showing he meets the sun very often and a stillness I couldn't even master. If I know better I would say he works for some secret agency and I know better.

"Ms. Johnson." He said. I was surprised he used my real name no one uses that anymore out if respect for the foster parents that raised me for so long.

"Yes?" I said trying to control my voice so that it wouldn't sound so speechless. I mean he was technically a 200 hundred pound man and possibly very dangerous.

"Can I come in and talk to your parents?" He asked, but of course he didn't wait for my answer.

"Mrs. and Mr. Houston, sorry to interrupt your dinner. Can I talk to you in private?" Was it even a question?

Henry nodded and waved him over to the living room. I have never seen him so angry before why he was angry at this stranger I plan to find out.

So I was left alone with Martin. "What do you think they are talking about? Do you think Rose and Henry are in some kind of trouble with the government?" I asked Martin, but he just kept looking at me confused to much work for his limited brain. So I decided against my better judgement to sneak up on my parents.

I stood by the living room doorway my ear pressed to the wall. I could hear Rose's silent sobs and heard Henry and the man in the dark suit arguing. I got a little closer to hear them clearly when Rose suddenly shouted "Emily is not ready yet!" This was about me? "It's not your decision to make." I heard the man in the suit say. "Her parents had already decided that she attends." It had something to do with my parents?

I was trying to get a little closer when I accidentally knocked a baseball bat placed beside the wall and they stopped talking.

"Emily?" Rose said in a loud whisper, loud enough for me to hear. I walked in the room head low and embarrassed.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to eavesdrop. I was just curious, but it has something to do with me, right?" I asked tagging along my innocence as much as I can.

"Yes, sweetie." Rose said trying to hide her soft sobs.
"Ms. Johnson if you please take a sit I will be able to explain." Man in the suit said.

I took a sit on a chair close to where Rose and Henry sat in the love sit.

"Your parents have sent your application to our institution when you were little. It is a training facility for gifted youngsters such as yourself who want to partake in jobs that will help with the security of our nation. It takes a lot of time to accept an application since it requires us to watch you deal with situation and challenges you face in your lives. So I am happy to announce that you are accepted."

"What kind of school is it exactly? It is my first time hear off such institution." I asked. It was making sense now.

"It was specifically created for your kind of students, geniuses, adventurous, spies..."

Don't forget to vote and comment :)

Mezixx

Edited