Chapter 20

Shit.

"I...We...I think we should get back." I said and head back to my friends.

"So how was the talk?"

"It probably wasn't just a talk, I bet you did something..." I gave Chloe a look to stop talking.

"Who wants to go and see our new dorm?" She changed the topic so quickly that the people were confused.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Ms. Marks?"

"Oh hello Emily. I heard what happened. Are you fine now? I know how bad the disease can be."

"I am fine now. Thank you."

A week earlier Mr. Watson warned me about their little cover up of the incident. They didn't want to panic everyone just yet.

"Ms. Emily, if your fine today I have a volunteer to take the test with you." Oh let it not be Josef.

I haven't seen him since our last in counter. I can truthfully say that I have been avoiding him.

"I don't think it will be a problem, but he is a year older."

Let it not be Duke. He was the other person I was avoiding. I don't know why I feel guilty, but after seeing his pained expression I feel like my inside has been turned upside down.

"Come on now." Ms. Marks said and led me to a room, which was empty except for a table and two chairs set in the middle.

"Make yourself comfortable I will get my volunteer."

I waited five long minutes until I heard someone clear their throat.

"Hello Duke." At least it wasn't Josef.

"Hi Emily."

"Where is Ms. Marks?"

"Getting the materials necessary."

"Okay."

He sat at the chair across mine. It was silent for a moment.

"This is not working."

"I know." I said and sighed heavily.

"I am s..."

"I know I..." We said at the same time and stopped.

"You first." I said and laid back on my chair.

"I am sorry I shouldn't have avoided you. Now I made everything weird between us."

"Wait, you have been avoiding me? I thought I was avoiding you."

"We avoided each other without knowing? Classic." I giggled at that.

"Well can we both stop avoiding each other now?" He said and I nodded and we shook on it.

"Sorry kids, I didn't really how a load of stuff it was." Ms. Marks said coming through the door.

"It's alright Miss. Here, let us help." I said and we both helped her place the stuff on the table.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The tea party was fun while it lasted, but there were only a few days left for the finals and we had to go our separate ways.

"You have been avoiding me." Came a sudden voice that scared me shitless.

"Josef!"

"Nice to know you still remember my name."

"What are doing, hiding in the shadows anyway?"

"Well what a nice way to surprise a girl who have been avoiding me for a week."

"I wasn't avoiding you. I had a lot of things to do, things I missed while I was in the infirmary."

"I could tell you you didn't miss much."

"Well the finals are only a few days way."

"We all know the finals aren't meant to bother us. We are intelligence itself."

"Josef..."

"I know you have been avoiding I just want to know why. Was it the kiss? Was I that horrible?"

The last question made me laugh.

"No it's not because you were a horrible kisser, maybe a little," he playfully hit me in the shoulder for that "but it was about the kiss. Some how I don't know what it means. What does it mean?"

"Well, it means like you and I want to try to be more than your friend."

I was surprised, but I closed my mouth before a fly can make a way through.

"I guess I like you, too."

"You guess?"

"Take it or leave it."

He holds my hand in his and murmurs in my ear. "When it comes to you I will take anything as it is."

His words warmed my heart slowly melting me away. He leaned in and planted a quick kiss on my lip, then on my jaw and my cheek and lastly on my forehead.

"Goodnight and by tomorrow I hope you stop avoiding me." He said and let go.

"I will try." I blew him a kiss and I head back to my new dorm.

My new dorm was on the lower floor with the sophomores which is near Mr. Watson's office. I passed by it to find it open. I could see Rwanda and Aries and also hear Colby speaking.

"There was no sign of a break in or a break out."

"Either the person who did this is has a great knowledge of this place or is highly skilled." Aries said.

"Our security is always in high alert there is no way a person could have break in." Rwanda defended.

"Listen to what I am saying. There was no break in or breaking out. I think this came from the inside." Colby suggested again.

"Maybe, but I know it was Christopher doing." There was that name again.

"What does he want from a nineteen year old?" Rwanda asked.

"Revenge."

Mr. Watson said it so simply, but I couldn't stop wondering what my parents did that was bad enough to make a grown man come looking for revenge in a nineteen year old, what was bad enough for Henry to be killed over it?

I went back to my room before they can find out I was eavesdropping on them.

I thought about the situation for a moment when I finally made it inside my new dorm.

Whatever my parents did didn't just end at their grave. I guess I had to find out who Christopher is.

"You okay?" Asked Chloe coming inside.

"Yeah, just tired."

"Okay then. I will be in the shower."

I didn't pay much attention to Chloe while I drew out the book Amira gave me the day she got here.

There he was next to my mother and Mr. Watson. Christopher Wayne the class administrator(clown)-even though he wasn't even smiling in the picture. He reminded me of someone I know.

"Emily get in here!" Chloe screamed.

I guess my thoughts have to wait for another time.

So are you curious of what is happening? What do you think happened in the shower?

Keep on voting and commenting.

Mezixx