Chapter 24

Duke's POV

A lot of us stood outside the infirmary. After the recent knowledge that this pyscho is either a student or one of the facility members the security around Emily has tightened. The only person allowed in and out of the room was Greg "the doctor".

This information was only shared with the victims of this psychopath's doing, that includes Chloe, Josef, Edumun and me.

Even though Josef and I should have been the ones knocking down doors to get to her Edumun has taken that role from us and gives us the stinky eye every time he sees us cowering around the corner.

Aries came out of her room with Greg and I stood up from my sitting position to receive the news.

"How is she doing? How did the surgery go?" Edumun took the words from me.

"She is stable for now. She is in a temporary comma. We were lucky to get to her as we did, a few minutes and she would have been gone."

"Can we see her?" This came from Chloe.

"One person at a time and only you four you got it. No one else." Aries warned.

"Why don't you go first, Chloe?" Greg said and Chloe rushed to her friends side.

"You three come with me for a second." Aries motioned for us to follow him.

He took us to a vacant room and we lead us in.

"What is this about?" Edumun asked.

"I need you to cooperate and tell me what this guy looks like, his height, his eye colour, his hair, everything and help understand why Emily didn't attack."

"She said she knew him." Edumun said.

"How?"

"I don't think she even knows that. She doesn't remember much from her past. Most of her memory starts after Amira and Henry took her in." Josef said. He stood by the corner arms crossed and looking down.

"How do you know that?"

"We knew each other when we were little. Our parents were close." I said looking at Josef. He still didn't look up.

"Did you recognise this man?"

"He looked familiar, but no." I told her I would do anything for her and I couldn't even protect her.

"I am guessing the attacker knows you too. That maybe why he dragged you two into this while he would have had an advantage with only Edumun by her side."

"They can give you the information you want they have seen as much as I did and they are clearly the ones that are involved in this. I really want to see Emily now." Edumun said and Aries let him out.

"You two come with me. Your father have a lot of explaining to do." The words were directed at me.

Aries busted open the office door, but dad didn't even seem fazed.

"If you're here to inform me about about the earliest affairs I already know. You can go Aries."

"No actually I came to ask you a question. Why have I not been informed about Emily's past and the connection she has with this two?" Dad looked up to take us in.

"It's about time. Did she remember you?" We both nodded.

"Do you remember the last time you saw her?"

"No."

"Let me refresh your memory. Duke you just turned seven and you where asking me if we can go to Emily's house because you missed a year..."

"Daddy can we please go to Emily's this new year. She told me to she wanted to see me soon."

"We can't Duke she is gone."

"But I want to see her."

"I am sorry! I don't have all of the answers." He barked at me and took his phone out and started calling someone.

I saw my new bike and got an idea. Emily only lived thirty minutes away from us so I planned on driving my bike to her house.

I grabbed my coat, my gloves and my scarf and drove my bike to her house. The outside was frozen covered with snow and I was freezing, but I remembered the chocolate chip cookies Emily's mom made and I felt warm spread in my tummy.

When I got there after an hour I knocked on the door. I waited for a while, but when was no answer. I tried the door and it wasn't locked so I walked in.

The house was cold like the outside and it felt empty. I called for Emily, but no one came. I walked into her room and there her stuff was not touched it was like I remembered it. The teddy bear I have given her the year before sat on her bed. I took it to examine it.

I heard the  front door of the house open and I thought she came back. What a surprise it would be.

When I looked down from the stairs I noticed it wasn't her or her parents, but instead were two armed men. I hid behind a closet until they passed. They were looking for something and they ruined the place trying to find it.

Hiding behind that warm closet and the tiredness from the ride took over me and I fell asleep.

The next time I woke up an elderly woman was shouting at me, but was to tired to listen to her words. I saw Emily on her bed and I was happy to see her again until I saw she was crying. I looked at the teddy bear in my hand and I thought about comforting her.

"Get out boy. Get back to your parents before I tell them you have been sneaking in people houses and messing them up. Get out!" She shouted. I looked at the broken form of Emily and I promised to myself I would give her back the teddy bear once I see her again.

"Duke?"

I blinked back to reality. "What happened? You zoned out."

"I am fine."

"So like I was saying if those people who came into her house have found what they were looking for then why are they after her?"

"They didn't find what they were looking for and now they think Emily has it. Then why do they want to kill her?"

"They probably don't want the thing they are looking for. They want it gone and if what you say is true and Emily has it they kill her and their secret dies with her."

Everybody was taking part in this conversation. I just sat silent in the middle of it all. What if Emily doesn't have it? What if the reason why they didn't find whatever they were looking for was taken before they made it there? What if I had it all along?

"I am going to go see Emily now." I said.

"I will come with you." Josef said. He must have known something is wrong.

"Found something?"

"Maybe." I hope we get to the middle of it before it ends up badly for someone. And that someone might end up being Emily.

I finally did it and wrote a chapter on the boys POV. Hope you liked it.

More secrets to come.
Mezixx