Chapter 4

When I finally woke up I was still in the car, but in a different place than I was before, maybe even in a different continent, but my instincts told me we didn't leave America's soil. I am guessing somewhere in the west from all the heat in late August.

I opened the door slightly to see that there was someone waiting for me. A women who looked like the phrase strong woman in person. She was the type of person I will never want to cross.

"Emily Johnson." She said, even though she didn't technically ask I managed to choke out a 'Yes'.

"Rwanda James." She said and began leading the way. The university was as big as the grand palace, might even be bigger, but the security is probably ten folds.

She showed the guards at the front her ID and they let her into what must be the studying park because there were students with their laptops and automated shades elevating above them covering from the beating sun just right. There were even groups sitting together debating about something that sounded much more interesting than what I was used to back in high school, which many
revolved around daily gossip or the need to go back to cavemen days like any of them could live without their phones.

The inside was not as fancy as the outside but still very exciting. We passed by something that looked like the lab I had set up back home but thousand times bigger with all these techs I could ever dream off. We also passed the training centre that made my martial art studio look like nothing but a storage room.

In our way to the dinning hall I saw people my age chatting excitedly. In particular,  I saw three faces looking at me. I tried smiling and they whispered some more and came forward. One of the girls, the one with blond curls, long legs, blue green eyes, and basic cheerleader instincts stepped forward with her perfect smile and extended her hand."Hello, I am Kelly."

"Hey, I am Kia." Said the other girl with a short dyed black hair and caramel brown eyes. You could tell she is more of a goth, but when she smiled showing her dimples she looked soft as a puppy.

The last to say his hello was Edmund, a skinny guy with flipped up hair, blue eyes and glasses.

"Hi, I am Emily." I said.

"I know now why you looked familiar. I have seen you in teens magazine. Brilliant teen of the year 2132." Said Edmund with his hoarse British accent.

"Yeah?" It was my first being greeted by that title. No one reads magazines anymore.

"I was just before you. Brilliant teen of the year 2131." He said and I was astonished.

"Your the guy who built the transformer laptop." I said amazed.

"Portable. Flexible. Affordable." He winks at me giving me probably his signature smirk that I returned with a chuckle.

"So what's your story?" I asked Kelly and Kia.

"I applied when I was 10 years old." began Kia. "I am a three year kungfu leading legend, and won every mathematics state competition since then."she said.

"It was hard for me. I just found out last year, so I had to under go a lot of tests and interviews. I got straight A's and was first in my class since I started school. I didn't invent things, but I had an IQ test and they saw it was higher than most of the students they accepted, so they said they see a lot of potential in me." finished Kelly.

They should call this place institute of intelligence. I am betting that students here have an average IQ of 180.

My new friends went about talking of the classes they were going to take and they were ready to fill me in as I was the most clueless out of all of them. Apparently, it was a must for freshmen and sophomores to take basic skills such as languages, culture and discipline, history and training, but Edmund looked a little green at the mention of training.

Suddenly the crowd was silent and I saw Rwanda, I forgot about her, on a stage set up and she was demanding silence.

"Welcome freshmen." She said inhaling total confidence and then looking at us like this was a total waste of her time. "Most of you came here with expectations. You wanted adventure, the thrill of becoming powerful because you think you deserve it. You are brilliant after all, but with all this excitement you must also feel dread towards your new home. Both of those emotions will be the key to your survival here. You will finally have challenges and most of you will break down but you should know this is it everything depends on this from now on and we will teach you the skills to make you better prepared for. Fail to learn and you will be kicked out." I won't be exaggerating when I say the hall was afraid, well except for this idiot who doesn't seem to be taking anything seriously. Our eyes met briefly and he smirked at me and with an annoyed eye roll I looked away. "Before you join the others for dinner there is a list over there that shows your dorm rooms. Your stuffs are already sent there."

After she finished talking it and took time to fight of the gitters but all the freshmen were over to the pin board after a minute. I got dorm room 2A with a girl named Chloe while Kelly and Kia are paired together. In mere coincidence Chloe was next to me when I figured it out and we all went to the dinning hall together.

I scanned the room to find four grand tables, about hundred people each, set, and one empty. It was that hard to guess that was where the freshmen were suppose to sit.

As soon as everyone sat down a feast was brought to our tables. Beautiful organic salad with creamy Italian dress, roasted beef with incredible juice and iced cake with different fruit flavours and melting chocolate layer. I mean if I could eat food like this everyday I would sell my brain to become a food critic. Whoever is programming their robo-maids to make something like this is a modern  Da Vinci in my books.

Then just as everybody was finishing up we all heard the big dining hall doors open. There I saw standing the hottest guy I have ever laid eyes on. I have never thought that of a guy before, I thought they were too dumb for me to notice them. Here that wasn't any problems.

"Do you think he's a freshman?" asked Kelly.

"No, he graduated from high school last year." Kia answered her. Kelly surprised gave her a look that seemed to be saying 'explain!explain!explain!'.

"We just went to the same school that's all. Duke Watson doesn't notice anyone." Kia answered with a dreamy sigh.

"Well, he is really hot." Kelly replied.

A lot of girls must have felt the same way because a lot of eyes followed him including mine.

He went straight ahead like he didn't notice most of the girl population salivating at his looks. He then took a pause at the podium before taking a sharp left and sat at the top of which I think is the sophomore table. Just as he finally sat the dean stood up and gave a speech, basically about the up coming year and the new class joining them this fall. While beside me my roommate starts up a conversation about Duke and strange similarities with the dean.

"I heard the dean was his father, like what? But don't think of any conspiracy because he is said to be the next great thing to a wizard. If it was allowed they would have let him skip so that he could do internships this summer with high organizations. He is guaranteed field agent." A few girl were swooned by her last words.

"Do you think he is single?" Amy, a girl sitting next to us, asked.
"Don't know, but how about a back round check. We are in a spy university after all." Kelly said with a smile.

"I can hack his computer." Edmund whispered for all of us to hear and we all turned to him.
"What? Sounds like fun." He said innocently.

"I don't think there is any service here." I spoke up.

"What if we search his room?" said Kia. "Count me out." He said before she even finished her sentence. Chloe was out too, so it was me and Kelly, but not for long, something about her fingernail and left me with Kia's big begging eyes. Finally I accepted and Kia headed off planning. I saw that she wasn't even that eager to find out about Duke, just up for an adventure. We set the date for tomorrow night and went our separate ways.

Still getting to the good part. Hope you liked the new chapter.

If I have any grammar or spelling errors forgive me, because I write on my phone.

And don't forget to vote and comment. ;)
Love
Mezixx

Edited : At least it is longer...