Chapter 33 - Interrogation

Start from the beginning

"...and then I... Scar." Tiffany notices with a sneer.

"Tiff, I thought I told you only my friends can call me that." I respond keeping my attention on Reid, who is acting sheepish.

"Bu-" She starts but I cut her off.

"Goodbye." I tell her pointedly. She grumbles before stepping towards Reid.

"See you later, babe." She says kissing his cheek.

"What!?" I shout. "What did you just say?" I ask for clarification, gripping her arm. She turns around with a smug grin on her face.

"You heard me; he's mine and will always be mine." I send a glare in Reid's direction before turning back to Tiffany.

"How can he be yours, when Reid and I had a date last night?" I ask raising my eyebrows.

"Bitch back off. Won't you ever leave him alone?" She states ripping her arm out of my grip.

"No." I tell her with a smile. She makes a frustrated noise, before storming off. As she walks I see her pull out her phone muttering at the same time.

"If she won't do it voluntarily, I'll just have to force her... Daddy..." I scoff shaking my head. Bring it on Tiffany.

I turn back to Reid, putting my hand on my hip.

"Why is Tiffany under the allusion that she and you are back together? Did the date mean nothing at all to you?" I query.

"I- Uh-" He starts looking confused.

"Hm? Don't play dumb Reid! I'm not some chick you can have on the side!" I exclaim. He keeps the baffled face on.

"You would never be a side chick!"

"Really? It looks that way to me!"

"I don't know! Okay! I just know that I have to continue being with her." Reid shouts. I let my shoulders fall pursing my lips.

"Kyle, that son of a bitch!" I force through gritted teeth.

"What?" Reid asks even more confused.

"Nothing, don't worry about it." I brush it off. Reid takes my hands and gives me a small smile.

"We'll talk about this later, I should go. But, I know after the date we had, I want to give us a go." He says. I sigh cocking my head to the side.

"Okay." He leans in for a kiss, but I pull away. He doesn't show if it affects him as he turns and clambers onto the bike. It roars to life before he winks at me and drives through the onlookers. I run my hand through my hair as I watch the back of his bike get smaller. Kyle is such a pain. I let my hand fall back to my side as I see Hunter walking up to me.

"Hi." He says.

"Hey." I reply softly. I didn't tell him about my date with Reid, and I don't know how he'll react. To be fair I didn't really get a chance, I haven't talked to him since I asked for space. I take a sip from my travel mug, trying to gauge whether he knows about the date. Again I make a face as the weird mixture goes down.

"Is that coffee spiked? I need something to get me through today." He asks grabbing my mug, bringing it to his lips.

"No!" I shout, grabbing it back. Hunter gives me a weird look.

"It's not coffee..." I tell him. He looks from the mug in my hands to my face and then back to the mug.

"Oh."

"Yeah." I confirm when his eyes widen. "So, why did you need alcohol this morning?"

"Reid believes that the police have someone on the inside. Which they obviously do. We're trying to find a way to keep him unaware. They're thinking that Reid believes this because cops have been staying away from the house and not going after him as much."